***Official USC School of Dentistry Class of 2013 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicgeek86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I saw that no one has started a thread for the incoming 2013 class and thought I would...

I'm super excited and hope to talk with you guys soon!:D

Members don't see this ad.

I could have sworn that this did exist, and that I commented in it...

Search is broken, or I'm doing it wrong, because searching for USC reveals no threads, when there are obviously many

Members don't see this ad :)
I could have sworn that this did exist, and that I commented in it...

In general there are two types of theses threads:

1. The official school X "acceptance" thread.
2. The official school X "class of" 20## thread.

The first type come out right on December 1st where pre-dents post that they got accepted to that particular school. This is independent of where a pre-dent may end up and is the link posted by WayneSU.

This thread (by the title) seems to be of the second nature, where pre-dents have chosen their particular school and now look to meet other fellow classmates to talk about registration, housing, etc.

Search is broken, or I'm doing it wrong, because searching for USC reveals no threads, when there are obviously many

Unfortunately the search feature her on SDN does not work for words or school abbreviations less than 4 letters long. Makes it a pain because it is impossible to search for schools like USC or UOP, but works just fine for UCSF and UCLA.

I believe Hysteria is correct. I hope more people who are going to attend USC do post though. I know it's early but would like to talk about housing...:)

Hello,
I wanted to discuss a bit about housing too.. actually started a thread.. have not seen any activity there.. so just reposting me question..

I want to live as close as possible from the USC... I am going to apply for USC housing for families,(Bel-Air, Regent and Senator buildings). I got a link from the USC dept with links to other housing options near USC. Prices are a bit less(800 compared to 950 for USC housing), would that mean the USC owned buildings would be having some better/cleaner rooms/building? As I looked at the non-USC specifically Nupac housing and they gave a not so good impression from outside..Please give me some suggestions about this... Any help is highly appreciated...:thumbup::thumbup:

Basically which is better ... "USC housing ($950)" or "Non USC owned housing(~&800)" within 1 mile area.... of course considering $150 price difference

Thanks again...

Last edited:
hey guys,
How were you able to type on the Applicant Profile they sent us in PDF for the interview? I tried to convert it into a word doc w/ various programs, but it still doesn't work. I don't want to use a typewriter or hand write because it doesn't look as good. Any suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalHope
Congrats on the acceptance guys and girls,

If you are looking for housing I may be able to help. I am currently a 1st year and I am looking for a roommate. I have a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath condo in Harbor City (5 miles from Redondo Beach Pear) right off the 110freeway. The condo is very quiet and it is very easy to study. The condo is two level and very comfortable. Indoor washer and dryer, and 2 car garage. The condo comes with FREE Direct TV with HD on a 42 inch LCD tv, Blu-ray player and full surround sound, PS3, high speed Internet. Place has just been painted and will soon have hardwood floors. Only $625 + utilities which are divided 3 ways. I loving living here and it being your first year you will love it, and there are many perks to liveing with a second year as you will find out. Feel free to email me at the adress below with questions thanks.
Peter
[email protected]

I can vouch for him being a quality person. :thumbup:

I actually almost took him up on this offer earlier, but as most of our class is, I am comfortable where I am now and hate the hassle of doing an extra move.

If any of you are interested in the above post and need a character reference for that random SDN member, or have other questions about housing around USC (and beyond) fell free send over a PM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quote:

If you are looking for housing I may be able to help. I am currently a 1st year and I am looking for a roommate. I have a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath condo in Harbor City (5 miles from Redondo Beach Pear) right off the 110freeway. The condo is very quiet and it is very easy to study. The condo is two level and very comfortable. Indoor washer and dryer, and 2 car garage. The condo comes with FREE Direct TV with HD on a 42 inch LCD tv, Blu-ray player and full surround sound, PS3, high speed Internet. Place has just been painted and will soon have hardwood floors. Only $625 + utilities which are divided 3 ways. I loving living here and it being your first year you will love it, and there are many perks to liveing with a second year as you will find out. Feel free to email me at the adress below with questions thanks.
Peter
[email protected]

this location, while nice is a little far from campus and the 110 freeway is pretty bad during rush hour unless you have a carpool buddy

Quote:

Peter
[email protected]

this location, while nice is a little far from campus and the 110 freeway is pretty bad during rush hour unless you have a carpool buddy

110 is awful..why don't they add lanes? I think there's two lanes for the most part. What a mess.

what are the housing options around usc that anyone would recommend? pros cons etc. The tour guide, i think trishia was her name, was talking about it but i forgot

Quote:

Peter
[email protected]

Its really not that bad. Plus, it far enough away so you dont have to hear te gun shots around the campus.

I got the e-mail today at 4 pm. USC class of 2013! After so many prayers...I can't believe it!

Wow congrats! I am waiting on word from USC and I am dying of anxiety. I was wondering if this meant that the next round of acceptances came in today via email? Has anyone else gotten the email? I interviewed on 2/26 and was wondering if anyone who interviewed on or after this date received an acceptance email? Thanks and congrats!

I interviewed on 2/26/09. I don't know if this means that the next round of acceptance came in or not. For the one who said they interviewed the same day I hope it was someone in my group (from Southern California). You guys were all really cool.

hey SDCC2009, which group color were you in? I was in the red group on the same day .. damn im still waitingg

This is B.S. People.

within the past 3 years, I know for a fact ( I have many, many, many friends who attend, got notices, interviews, acceptances ) and they
all got their emails either on a Thursday or Friday (mostly on Fridays)...

ALSO I called last week and talked to someone that actually KNOWS whats going on, and asked. they said at the end of this week, possibly end of next week.
I'm 99.99% positive that NO acceptances went out today.

Have a good day

This is B.S. People.

within the past 3 years, I know for a fact ( I have many, many, many friends who attend, got notices, interviews, acceptances ) and they
all got their emails either on a Thursday or Friday (mostly on Fridays)...

ALSO I called last week and talked to someone that actually KNOWS whats going on, and asked. they said at the end of this week, possibly end of next week.
I'm 99.99% positive that NO acceptances went out today.

Have a good day

You can think what you want and call me a liar...I have nothing to lose. All I know is I got an e-mail today along with the six page "Terms and Conditions of Acceptance" sheet. I'll be sending in my deposit check tomorrow. It looks real to me...but hey I hope you get in too. I was in the blue group, I think (the Southern California group). I hope all of you get in because the ones I met were all really nice and I know that my group had a strong PBL session and had a lot of strong input. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Hey guys!! I got the acceptance also!! I am soo excited! I also interviewed on the 26th and I was in the red group! Maybe I have talked to you primetimek :D

Hello,
I wanted to discuss a bit about housing too.. actually started a thread.. have not seen any activity there.. so just reposting me question..

I want to live as close as possible from the USC... I am going to apply for USC housing for families,(Bel-Air, Regent and Senator buildings). I got a link from the USC dept with links to other housing options near USC. Prices are a bit less(800 compared to 950 for USC housing), would that mean the USC owned buildings would be having some better/cleaner rooms/building? As I looked at the non-USC specifically Nupac housing and they gave a not so good impression from outside..Please give me some suggestions about this... Any help is highly appreciated...:thumbup::thumbup:

Basically which is better ... "USC housing ($950)" or "Non USC owned housing(~&800)" within 1 mile area.... of course considering $150 price difference

Thanks again...

just my opinion: if i pay 100k a year to the school.I don't really care paying 5K extra for living in nice location. :cool:

Its really not that bad. Plus, it far enough away so you dont have to hear te gun shots around the campus.

lol :laugh: what do you mean by "far enough away so you dont have to hear te gun shots around the campus?" lol

lol :laugh: what do you mean by "far enough away so you dont have to hear te gun shots around the campus?" lol

I didn't say that, dentalhope did. He/she is exaggerating because the only thing you will hear is mariachi music and maybe rap because the area is predominantly African-American and Hispanic. The area is pretty safe though because of campus police and LAPD around there consistantly.

Is anyone else worried about how they are going to get and store 300+ teeth, not to mention making sure they are the correct types (100 anteriors, 100 bicuspids, 100 molars)?

Funny you should ask about the teeth! I have already starting collecting them, and just picked up my first jar at the oral surgeon's office - YUK! I am storing it in the cupboard with my old plates and bowls, but my kids saw it yesterday and freaked out... I have no idea how we're supposed to tell what kind of teeth are in there - they're all heaped on top of each other, and there is loose tissue and debris. They did put the jar in a sterile bag, though, but I don't know how to figure out what kind of teeth are in there without taking the teeth out and inspecting them - (even then I'm not sure if I can identify them...) I guess we'll wait for instruction when classes start!:D:luck::)

Is anyone else worried about how they are going to get and store 300+ teeth, not to mention making sure they are the correct types (100 anteriors, 100 bicuspids, 100 molars)?

Start as early as possible! You only need one molar your second semester, and then you will start using a bunch you first summer and continue to use them all the way up to your regional board prep your 4th year. A good number of us have yet to collect any (myself included) which will make for an interesting semester in another month. Once we started things got so busy and there was no time to go tooth hunting, especially around LA where there are so many dental students trying to collect teeth. Start collecting in your home areas.

I have no idea how we're supposed to tell what kind of teeth are in there - they're all heaped on top of each other, and there is loose tissue and debris.

You'll be taking a "tooth morphology class" first semester and will quickly be able to identify teeth. When the time comes, you'll just throw on a glove and start digging around in your jar! :D

OOOh! Sounds like so much fun! Don't the teeth get dried out after a while in bleach and water solution? Should I store the jar in a dark area???

Best day of my life! Just received an acceptance email from the USC School of Dentistry. I wish the best of luck to everyone that is still waiting to hear and I will see all of my fellow trojans in August.

:D

Best day of my life! Just received an acceptance email from the USC School of Dentistry. I wish the best of luck to everyone that is still waiting to hear and I will see all of my fellow trojans in August.

wow congrats :D

I just got the email too! I was losing all hope and was signed up for 18 hours this summer and ready to reapply...I know exactly how you feel!!!

Its great to be a Trojan!

Fight On!

congrats guys! what time did your email come in?

I'm in too! I received the email today at 3. Finally!! :)

omg omg omg im INNNNNNNNNNN

there is GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.......

omg omg omg

Hi guys...

does anyone know how long it takes from the day one gets accepted to the day we get our student IDs for financial aid matters??

Thanks

Anybody need a roommate?! I'm looking for a place to live. Preferably close to campus (walking or biking) and would love to live with dental students. I was told North University Park was a good place. I'm 22 years old and very easy going. Also very organized and neat, hence why I want to be a dentist. ;)

Thanks!
Chris

im also looking for a roommate.
im persian, hence I'm a dental student. 25yrs old, male, hella cool and shi*.
holla back if you like Ebi or Dariush....lol

im also looking for a roommate.
im persian, hence I'm a dental student. 25yrs old, male, hella cool and shi*.
holla back if you like Ebi or Dariush....lol

I like the logic behind that statement! Anyways, you'll fit right in here at USC as we have a decent persian showing amongst the student body.

For all those looking to find roommates, you can always go check out the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=66738435933
Looks like there's around 75 of your fellow classmates there.

Brian usually also sends out an updated spreadsheet about once a month with people who are looking for roommates.

i've been on the waitlist since december and i haven't heard anything yet. usc is the only school that i wanted to go to and i'm getting a little anxious waiting around for a response. has anyone been accepted recently or know of anyone who has been accepted but won't be attending now? i just want to see how much of chance i really have of getting in.

I have a friend of a friend who just got in a few weeks ago so there are still some peolpe getting in good luck and welsome all of the class of 2013

actually I just got an acceptance email this past Friday. I had a pre-December interview. I was in the process of reapplying and then I just got an email from Brian. I am soo freaken happy. So don't give up, you still have a chance.

Good Luck

Dont mean to bother you guys in all this excitement, but do you mind putting up your stats. I am a predental student and want to see if my stats stack up to USC standards.

Dont mean to bother you guys in all this excitement, but do you mind putting up your stats. I am a predental student and want to see if my stats stack up to USC standards.

http://www.predents.com/?page=school

Edit: So the link doesn't point directly to USC. Just select it from the drop down menu at the top to view the stats of the 2013 class.