Official "we applied late!" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtabibian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Slackers of the world, unite.

OK I admit, I slacked, I regret it.

I applied on Jan 13th. AADSAS sent the applications to the schools on Jan 26th!

I think I am the champion. Anyone to top me on that :p.

Members don't see this ad.

Applied on Feb 1st just before midnight so I could apply to those schools with a 2/1 deadline!

On the positive side, AADSAS sent my app out on Feb 8th (I think it's because mine was the only one left to process).

I realize I may have shot myself in the foot but I'm the kind of guy that won't jump into a big decision unless I'm 99.99% sure it's the right thing for me.

Ruprick said:
Applied on Feb 1st just before midnight so I could apply to those schools with a 2/1 deadline!

On the positive side, AADSAS sent my app out on Feb 8th (I think it's because mine was the only one left to process).

I realize I may have shot myself in the foot but I'm the kind of guy that won't jump into a big decision unless I'm 99.99% sure it's the right thing for me.
When I submit my documents on Dec.1, I made the last click just before 5 pm, wanted to catch the deadline of LLU,
but, then got noticed AADSAS has a delay of 8 weeks. :(
My documents were sent to those dental schools at the beginning of Jan, and I got some forms from some schools, asking for money. :rolleyes: and else.
I still have some forms in hand, not mailed out yet. :p
Now, LLU rejected me already. Still want to say thx to them, or maybe I will still postpone another couple weeks.
my AADSAS ID is 828*, I bet you guys are around 829*? :thumbup:
Anyway, now I feel a little better---I am not the last one,
:thumbup: again.
But, have to say, maybe this is my last chance and only chance.
God bless us all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ruprick said:

do u mind if i as what is your AADSAS number aprox?

mtabibian said:

LOL persians are never on time

Look on the bright side...you guys all seem to have decent stats! So, if you don't get in this cycle (and maybe you will), at least you know you'll have a sure shot of getting in next cyce! (As long as you go a little easy on the procrastination) ;)

Good luck!! :luck: :) :thumbup:

yea good job guys .. im actually jealous cause i applied june 1 and still dont have a interview at BU (i swear ill get one hehehe jk)... hehe i think they lost my app jk. GOOD LUCK!

and i thought i was late.... i applied in September... I guess I left some of my Persian genes back home!

I applied late Oct to AADSAS.... schools didnt get my appl until mid dec...

Had three interviews so far... two more in march, and I still havent even heard from some schools (nova,USC,pacific).

different schools work on different timelines... some will reply as soon as they get your appl... others take their sweet time.

Hey Comet:

Did you ever get taken off of NYU's waitlist? What have you heard, if anything, of the current state of seats available, waitlist itself, etc.?

thanx

lake04 said:
Hey Comet:

Did you ever get taken off of NYU's waitlist? What have you heard, if anything, of the current state of seats available, waitlist itself, etc.?

thanx

I wish. For this time around, i had them take me off the waitlist and then i applied again as a new applicant. So far no news yet and it looks like i'll need to apply again in June (i applied late this cycle). At this time i am not really following up on what school has how many seats taken/open since i need to focus on my masters right now. I am doing the whole program in 2 semester. The Dean think i am crazy (she is right).

Hey Comet:

Sorry to hear about the lack of news...where else are you waiting for? What masters program are you in and where?

thanx

Well the late application is coming back to bite me. Just got a letter from Case and I was DENIED! I guess I expected as much since 2/1 was their deadline and that is the day I submitted my AADSAS.

who has the last AADSAS number?
Anyone break 10000?

mtabibian said:

My application got sent out to the schools around the begining of January.
I was oriinally planning on applying the following year, but then through persuasion of friends in the profession, I applied..... and LATE.

Once my application got to the schools, I got interviews for the 8 schools I applied for. UMDNJ was my first interview in Feb. They told us that they accept 85 students every year and at the time of my interview, they already accepted 81 students, with 3 more weeks of interviews. My interview was really stressful and lasted over an hour. 2 weeks later, I got an acceptance letter from that school. I actually made the final 4.

After I got into UMD, I shafted my other interviews, but went to those few that I had an earnest interest in going to. Still anticipating a reply from Columbia, and Temple.

AAdas got my app March 1st haha i beat u all...lolol ps are there any persians in creighton because they want me to send a secondary. I never heard of Ohmaha whats it like?

damn you all are some late appliers....

I sent out AADSAS Dec 1st.

Okazaki said:
My application got sent out to the schools around the begining of January.
I was oriinally planning on applying the following year, but then through persuasion of friends in the profession, I applied..... and LATE.

Once my application got to the schools, I got interviews for the 8 schools I applied for. UMDNJ was my first interview in Feb. They told us that they accept 85 students every year and at the time of my interview, they already accepted 81 students, with 3 more weeks of interviews. My interview was really stressful and lasted over an hour. 2 weeks later, I got an acceptance letter from that school. I actually made the final 4.

After I got into UMD, I shafted my other interviews, but went to those few that I had an earnest interest in going to. Still anticipating a reply from Columbia, and Temple.

why was the interview at umd so stressful....?