Official Withdraw Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rambo2006

Be a DDS or die trying
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which schools are you accepted to and going to withdraw from? The sooner you know you wont be attending, it is nice of you to withdraw your app from that school to give space for your peers.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

rambo2006 said:
Which schools are you accepted to and going to withdraw from? The sooner you know you wont be attending, it is nice of you to withdraw your app from that school to give space for your peers.

thanks.

OK here is good news for you. I withdrew from NYU yeaterday. I am holding onto INDIANA untill my grades from this semester comes up. I have withdrew from all other schools that I have not interviewed at.

I'm withdrawing from BU and Tufts (not holding my spot with $, if thats what withdrawing means). I'm not excepted anywhere else (sigh) I just have to hope that I get into a NY/NJ school because Boston is kind of an impossibility right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Coolfishdent said:
I'm withdrawing from BU and Tufts (not holding my spot with $, if thats what withdrawing means). I'm not excepted anywhere else (sigh) I just have to hope that I get into a NY/NJ school because Boston is kind of an impossibility right now.

Are u sure you dont want to at the very least hold one school down just in case you dont get into anywhere else. I mean if that were to occur, you would feel soooo bad. It would be bitter. I'd at least hold one spot.

Coolfishdent said:
It would be a bad idea to not hold one spot for yourself. You may lose that money in the end if you get a school in NJ or NY but if you dont, it would be more expensive to reapply next year and uncertain too. The admissions process is very random!

duh? said:
It would be a bad idea to not hold one spot for yourself. You may lose that money in the end if you get a school in NJ or NY but if you dont, it would be more expensive to reapply next year and uncertain too. The admissions process is very random!

Yeah I know guys but I can't stay in Boston. My fiance is in NYC and we are getting married this summer. He works there and has a job there and it would be horrible to move. My whole family is in NY/Nj and that is where I want to be. Its a hard decision but I know I can't be in Boston... wish me luck

Coolfishdent said:
Yeah I know guys but I can't stay in Boston. My fiance is in NYC and we are getting married this summer. He works there and has a job there and it would be horrible to move. My whole family is in NY/Nj and that is where I want to be. Its a hard decision but I know I can't be in Boston... wish me luck

It must be really hard for you to make that decision. But at least you have your priorities. i hope you get what you want, what you really want. And if things dont work out then there's always next year. Have you called up those schools you want to attend. If you let them know you're very serious about attending, it might help with their decisions.

Coolfishdent said:

WOw that's a hard postion to be in, but your stats look pretty, I"m sure you would atleast get into NYU!
Good luck! This would really help since I really want to move to Boston :)

duh? said:
It must be really hard for you to make that decision. But at least you have your priorities. i hope you get what you want, what you really want. And if things dont work out then there's always next year. Have you called up those schools you want to attend. If you let them know you're very serious about attending, it might help with their decisions.

Thanks, yeah it is hard and scary but nothing means more to me than being with my fiance and so moving is a priority for me. I have my Columbia interview on Friday and my UMDNJ interview in January so hopefully those will go really well. I figure if I'm showing up for interviews now, late in the game, they have to know I'm serious about attending. I really have my heart set on UMDNJ so I guess I'll just have to sweat it out and wait. :scared:

Withdrawing my application from Loma Linda.

will be withdrawing from NYU, UMDNJ, and BU soon...

I'm trying to decide where to put my downpayment (Tufts or Stony Brook) while I wait to hear back from the other schools...

howui3 said:
Withdrawing my application from Loma Linda.

yeahh,,i hope they call me!! where did you decide to go

have not decided yet. so far i only got into NYU (with out interview). Had interview in Arizona and have one at Tufts and BU at the end of January.

good luck to you at Loma Linda.

Members don't see this ad :)
howui3 said:
have not decided yet. so far i only got into NYU (with out interview). Had interview in Arizona and have one at Tufts and BU at the end of January.

good luck to you at Loma Linda.

What are your stats like? I'm starting to get desprete. NYU isnt so bad if that happens to be the only place I get into!!!!

I withdrew from NYU yeaterday.

How did you withdraw? Did you call or e-mail? I received an acceptance letter and an info sheet on visiting the school - but no forms to fill out for either withdrawing or paying the deposit.. Thanks.

Any one have any suggestions on methods of withdraws that they have used or have been advised to use? I wonder if it differs from school to school. Is a phone call enough, or an email??

withdrew from BU today...more to come

also withdrew today from pacific, pitt, and nyu...more to come (still)

LadyxJC said:
will be withdrawing from NYU, UMDNJ, and BU soon...

I'm trying to decide where to put my downpayment (Tufts or Stony Brook) while I wait to hear back from the other schools...

Stony Brook looks like a great school to me.

Bringing this one back from the dead...withdrew from NYU today.

(should be quite a few in the position to add to this thread, since deposits are due this week...)

Withdrew from Columbia, BU, Tufts, Howard, Case. Good luck people.

Withdrew from Tufts, UConn (merit scholarship), and Penn. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Just withdrew from Case! Good luck everyone.

VClovesteeth05 said:
maryland and tufts

As soon as my deposit and Ohio State is cashed I am going to withdraw from Creighton.....good luck everyone

Withdrew from Columbia, Tufts, Buffalo, and Stony Brook