Jul 23, 2009
FL
Status
Pre-Dental
ok so i know you are not suppose to study day before but take it easy but i couldnt get rid of the thought that i would not be using the extra day so i took a practice test...boy was this the wrong choice. I have never done so bad on a test... i got a 17 in bio 16 in gc and 18 in orgo my gc is usually the highest and i normally dont score less than 20 in orgo...i am on the verge of a panic attack....oh and it doesnt help that my girlfriend of three years decided i wasnt spending enough time with her since i am working and studying that she has found a new guy to hang out with and talk till 4 in the am (but swears nothing is going on even though he professes his love for her) all this = life in a downward spiral :(

ucla2134

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
ok so i know you are not suppose to study day before but take it easy but i couldnt get rid of the thought that i would not be using the extra day so i took a practice test...boy was this the wrong choice. I have never done so bad on a test... i got a 17 in bio 16 in gc and 18 in orgo my gc is usually the highest and i normally dont score less than 20 in orgo...i am on the verge of a panic attack....oh and it doesnt help that my girlfriend of three years decided i wasnt spending enough time with her since i am working and studying that she has found a new guy to hang out with and talk till 4 in the am (but swears nothing is going on even though he professes his love for her) all this = life in a downward spiral :(

What practice test you are talking about? If you are not feel ready, the reschedule or worse enough, do not show up to the test.

Study the right materials, spend enough time on each subjects, you will be ok.

About your gf, dude, she is not worth it then. If she cannot understand that now, imagine you 10 times busier in dental school. There are many pretty, compassionate girls in dental school.

FOCUS ON YOUR FUTURE

GOLF

7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2009
Status
Dental Student
yo j-man - watch this video and i swear by the end of it, you'll be calm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smeyf8nhM5Q

cmills66

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2009
Rochester, NY
Status
Pre-Dental
What practice test you are talking about? If you are not feel ready, the reschedule or worse enough, do not show up to the test.

Study the right materials, spend enough time on each subjects, you will be ok.

About your gf, dude, she is not worth it then. If she cannot understand that now, imagine you 10 times busier in dental school. There are many pretty, compassionate girls in dental school.

FOCUS ON YOUR FUTURE
:soexcited:

GOLF

7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2009
Status
Dental Student
oh and don't worry about the girl - my girlfriend of a year threw a hissy fit because i wasn't texting her enough (i usually turned my phone off while i was studying) and blew up on me when i told her that i wouldnt be able to spend much time with her this summer between work and studying. so we broke up.

it actually ended up being a fantastic thing - i actually had fun studying by myself and not having any obligation to anyone or raging lion to deal with when i was done studying each day. now she wants to get bak together but she's let me see the light; there's no way im going bak now. wound up doing well on my DAT, even though i was screwing up practice tests left and right. this summer has been rather productive. the DAT is a jealous mistress - if you don't pay her enough attention, you're going to feel much worse than that girl is going to make you feel. plus, if that girl of yours is tripping on some other guy and you break up, chances are that if you reached dental school together with her it would be a lot worse - shoot it as it lies - there's a lot more time-consuming studying coming your way, boss. if your girl isn't getting it now, she def isn't going to get it when you're in dental school. i say bite the bullet and go for dental school first - the girls will come later.

OP
J
Jul 23, 2009
FL
Status
Pre-Dental
it was kaplan practice test 1 from the class room course i usually have an AA of 19 or 20 and i have rescheduled twice already i felt really confident going into this test though until that one practice test

Kneecoal

10+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2009
Long Island, NY
Status
Pre-Dental
yeah dude, i know it's really difficult dealing with your gf but do your best to keep your head straight! you'll be angry with yourself later. keep on keepin' on!