Offline NMBE Scores..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FeedTheHippo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the best way to calculate your own NBME score when doing the exam offline. I have a current exam that is online on a word document, and was trying to go through that on my own, and avoid the stress of doing it online.. I was just wondering what is a good score to get on each block of 48? Obviously a 48 is the best, but really. How does it work?

Can anyone give me some insight of how these practice tests are graded so we can do them offline and still know where we stand?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

score x 1.45 the main positive of doing it online is to get a feedback on your weak areas

:laugh:

I didn't know you could spell "cost" that way

LOL.. thats funny.. but i honestly loose more sleep thinking of the NBME exam, than the actual Step... I dont want to do them online because I dont wanna freak and never end of taking this thing out of fear.. As for cost, this exam has already costed me over $1500, including the fee, qbanks, books, etc..

Now that docs need a part time job b/c the health reform bill.. The STEP is a pretty good business to get into!! lol..

Thanks for the formula btw

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL.. thats funny.. but i honestly loose more sleep thinking of the NBME exam, than the actual Step... I dont want to do them online because I dont wanna freak and never end of taking this thing out of fear.. As for cost, this exam has already costed me over $1500, including the fee, qbanks, books, etc..

Now that docs need a part time job b/c the health reform bill.. The STEP is a pretty good business to get into!! lol..

Thanks for the formula btw

don't you think working through that stress/fear as part of the practice tests will help mentally prepare you for the real thing? keeping your s#%t together on test day has got to be half the battle...

How do you figure out a score from the free practice test? They just give you the percentage right?

When I do this online.. Does each question hold the same value? Or does it change based on how difficult it is?

Also, what is meant when they say RAW SCORE?

A pretty decent table that's been posted on here, hopefully is somewhat accurate. Use your percent correct to convert. Definately not as exact as getting a real printout, but now people can better share how they've done.

Attachments

• NBME-USMLE-SCORE-TABLE.pdf
    34.5 KB · Views: 287
Waste of time to take it offline since the questions are weighed differently.

What does RAW SCORE mean?? I am really confused about that haha.. If there are 200 questions, how does it get to a max of 800 points?

What does RAW SCORE mean?? I am really confused about that haha.. If there are 200 questions, how does it get to a max of 800 points?

Like I said before, the questions are each weighed differently so your overall score depends on the specific combination of correct and incorrect choices.