Oganic chemistry text book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental Girl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi: Has any one used this text book. How is it? Good or ???. Comments please........

Organic Chemistry
by Marye Anne Fox, James K. Whitesell

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Dental Girl said:
Hi: Has any one used this text book. How is it? Good or ???. Comments please........

Organic Chemistry
by Marye Anne Fox, James K. Whitesell

Thanks.

You can never go wrong with O-chem by Wade, thanks to this book I aced both semesters of O-chem. hope this helps

I have to agree with this guy...L.G. Wade is the man when it comes to organic chemistry and education. :D

We used Wade's for our O chem class too. I found it very readable ;) Oh, don't buy the latest. I bought the 4th edition which is almost identical to the 5th. The price was less than 1/3 of the 5th.

Members don't see this ad :)
You all said wade is good. I looked at the price. 4th edition works fine.......

i use solomons, fryle, johnson o-chem...A really good book

McMurray is the one I used. He is actually a professor at my school, and he gave me some free tutoring to prepare for the O-Chem section of the DAT.

DrTacoElf said:
gotta go with solomons, fryle, johnson

29 ochem DAT score :D
haha

I wonder why those bastards didnt give me a 30. I am 100% sure I didnt miss any questions

DrTacoElf said:
Identical sitiuation here (100%) :mad:

Elf, is there much difference between the 7th edition upgrade and the 8th edition. Prof uses 7th edition upgrade for this fall, but next semester's prof wants people to use 8th edition. There cant be much difference, can there be? Would save me some money..

I say, to study for the DAT, any o-chem that you like is good. I didn't use too much textbooks myself - mostly I used the Kaplan books for this section.