oh no! I have 2 interviews tomorrow and I'm sick

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, you survived!

I was going to say "HI, AR2388! But I realized I forgot the 4 numbers. I then realized that calling you by your SDN handle in public would be WEIRD." It's cool, though. I'm just going to make it awkward on an anonymous/faceless message board. I stopped by right before anatomy lab.

Hope the interview went well. Did you interview with Dr. Kornfeld?

wait wait.. i met you Dienekes??? at columbia? do you have longish hair?

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHAHA awesome!! man that was so cool. dude i loved columbia... i soo soo want to get in

Dude you did natural products research????????????????

There are sooooooooo few people I know out there that knowwhat I'm talking about when I say I worked in a lab that did natural products research.

I used to work with a professor at USF who did natural products research. Eventually he found a compound that had anticancer properties and now they've found extract that show antimalarial properties. So they have a lot of ongoing stuff with that. He collaborates with a professor out at UAB who does the chemical ecology portionof their research.

That is soooo cool. I don't know too many others outside of the people I did research with and the girl I know at Uhawaii doing her masters in such, who have done this sort of research.

whoa that sounds like kick ass research. i worked mostly with gingko biloba, specifically bilobalide. i was trying to put different substituents on it so that one day we can put radioactive F and see it active in ppl's brains... substitution didnt really work tho :(

Not only was I sick during one of my interviews, but I had also severely burned my fingers the night before. I had to go to the ER because I was in so much pain. The sickness and burns definitely took their toll, but just try to do your best.

whoa that sounds like kick ass research. i worked mostly with gingko biloba, specifically bilobalide. i was trying to put different substituents on it so that one day we can put radioactive F and see it active in ppl's brains... substitution didnt really work tho :(

I see. That sounds interesting too!! Yeah it took a long time for my professor to hit the jackpot with something this good. But I'm really happy its finally coming together for him.

bumping this because i'm in the same situation. well, only one interview tomorrow, but still. what do we think is proper etiquette here? should i warn my interviewers and not shake hands with them? and either way, should i warn them because i'm going to have a bottle of water, tissues, and cough drops with me? ugh.

bumping this because i'm in the same situation. well, only one interview tomorrow, but still. what do we think is proper etiquette here? should i warn my interviewers and not shake hands with them? and either way, should i warn them because i'm going to have a bottle of water, tissues, and cough drops with me? ugh.

I'm sure it will be fine. It's just at most 30-45 minutes, right, it shouldn't be too bad. Just get a good night's sleep tonight.