Oh No Penn!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adesua

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called Penn. They told me they are done with sending out interview invites for the MD/PhD.

Bye Bye to my dreams of going to Penn...

Members don't see this ad.

You mean they don't even take a second to send out rejection letters? That's not nice at all..

Well I don't know whether they've printed out the reject letters yet or if they'll wait for 2 months before they print it out. Either way it will mean the same thing so I'd rather know right away and plan accordingly than be anxious and expectant for 2 more months.
Anyway what the lady on the phone said was that the combined degree office finishes interviewing this month and they've already invited all those they'll like to interview.

Ah well...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Neuronix or any other Penn student,
Someone posted on the pre-allo site that Penn doesn't really consider international students. Is this also true for MD/PhDs? There is no official statement on this and I remember before I applied I called the school to confirm that international students could apply; whoever answered the phone did not mention any restrictions. However, I was wondering if an insider might give us some scoop on this.
It will be good to know for the purposes of advising international MD or MD/PhD applicants accordingly in years to come. If true, I think it will be good for people to know so they can take it into consideration when applying to schools - considering the money and time involved in the application process.

Cheers

Originally posted by adesua
Someone posted on the pre-allo site that Penn doesn't really consider international students. Is this also true for MD/PhDs?

They do consider international students, but the school holds them to a very high standard. My best friend in the program, who can speak up on here if he wishes, is an international MD/PhD and just a super smart guy. Also as an example, on last Thursday/Friday, our last interview day, I noticed we definately had an international student interviewing. Some years we take 0 international MD/PhDs, and I think they most they ever take in a year is 1, though I could be wrong about that.

Penn does consider international students for the MD program as well, but again they're held to a very high standard.

Originally posted by peripateric
international with or w/o permanent residence? (ie. green card)?

I'm talking about those applicants without permanent residence, citizenship, or asylum in the USA. Those are the three conditions I know of that should get you equal consideration.