Ohio (OOS) vs Tufts (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurevet28

Reaction score
Hi guys! Im currently debating between the two. Any help would be MUCH appreciated :) Im from Canada, so I don't know much about American universities.

OSU pros: cheaper tuition, two hours drive closer to home (Canada), and seems like there are more scholarships available! (have not received anything yet). Cons: safety concerns living in the city, non 24/7 ER, no shelter medicine program or wildlife program or exotics to my knowledge. Is dentistry in their curriculum??

Tufts pros: Shelter med program, wildlife clinic, spay/neuter clinic, denstistry in curriculum, I LOVED my interviewers and loved what I heard about the sense of community, smaller town. Cons: more expensive, won't be receiving any aid for first year, a bit of a longer drive from my hometown, still have to take orgs II and some more art classes.

Thank you in advanced!

Members don't see this ad.

I strongly urge you to choose Ohio. Tufts is nearly 100k more expensive than Ohio. I don’t think there’s anything a school could offer that’s worth paying an extra 100k when there’s a cheaper option. You’ll have the same degree at the end, On top of that, my understanding is that vet compensation in Canada is quite a bit lower than in the US, which means it’ll be an even more significant difference/harder to pay back the more expensive loans. Do your future self a favor and choose the cheaper option.

Reactions: 1 users