Ohio State Acceptances!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peppy727

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had any information on OSU acceptances. I haven't seen any OSU acceptance additions since about a month ago!! (Granted, there just may not be many OSU applicants on SDN) Whats going on? Any current OSU-vet students have inside information about their procedures? I am pretty sure interviews were done at the end of January and I was just curious as to others' knowledge on this. I interviewed in the first week of December, I have heard nothing, and no changes to my status page :confused: .
I appreciate any feedback! THANKS!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't believe interviews were done at the end of January. I heard they were going to continue interviewing for quite awhile after that. I'm really not sure what they are doing as far as letting people know about acceptances/rejections. I know a number of people that interviewed at around the same time as me and they still have not heard. It seemed that in the beginning of their interview process they were mailing letters, and then in January they started telling people on the spot. I really have no information to give you, but I know a lot of people still have not heard back from them. Good luck!

My status changed about 3 weeks ago to deferred, which I was told means I am on the waitlist. I interviewed in December.

Members don't see this ad :)
I never even heard if I had an interview or not. In fact, I haven't heard a thing since they sent out the email stating when interviews would be taking place. I could understand if there was a lack of response from the beginning, because then we wouldn't even know when interviews are. However, they told us the specific days interviews would be taking place, which therefore causes unnecessary confusion and anxiety within applicants once this date has passed.

My friend was in the exact same situation, and since she hadn't heard about an interview offer, she decided to call a week and a half after the date which they specified to be the last day of interviews.
They told her on the phone that although interviews had indeed been prolonged an extra week, that interviews were over at that point in time. They told her that since she hadn't heard anything and interviews were over, that she can assume that she was not accepted.
I called myself to try and verify this, and they didn't even call or email me back.
It is enraging and offensive for them to not even have the common courtesy to send a quick email saying "sorry, you were not accepted".
I haven't heard anything from KSU either, but at least they hadn't already sent me 3 or 4 emails and saying specifically when interviews are.

My respect for Ohio State has drastically gone down after this ridiculous excuse for admissions protocol. Not only does it make the prospective students (and potentially good veterinary graduates) not want to apply there again, but it makes the school look bad as well.

Goodluck to all of you still hoping, I wish you the best.

Finally got my rejection today in the mail.
About time......

thanks for all of your responses-----i agree with the OSU staff and their lack of response emails or phone calls!! My status page has had incorrect information from the beginning and anytime I call or email to make sure everything is OK, I get no response. It still hasn't been corrected. It's really upsetting.
Oh well, who knows.

Thanks for the responses, Goodluck to all

haha, i don't think the admission office is functioning well. i never received my supp last fall. when i realized it, the deadline was already passed. they told me to immediately do the supp. so i asked for my 2nd vet recom, did the supp and paid the supp fee (sigh). but then my application status never got updated. it even stated that they didn't receive any recom from me. how could that possible? at least three of the recom were from VMCAS. i called them and they told me to email them to address the issue instead (i think that's for record?). but still, nothing happened. and today i got a rejection, probably b/c my application is never 'completed'. lol

I definitely went through the "status page says I'm not an Ohio Resident, even though I can't be a resident of anywhere else" drama, but fortunately I caught it really early and was able to fix it with only 3 days of extra paper work and drama. Hopefully they will figure it all out better next year!

For anyone who's sent in deposits, did you get any confirmation that they got it?

Yeah, my status page changed to "expect to attend"

Hi ri23 -- Would you mind giving me the website for the status page? I am trying to track my deposit as well and somehow completely deleted the address. Thanks!

Good call. I checked and mine said the same thing!

Just got an email from Taira Crockett. It looks like we'll be receiving information in about a week. I'm very excited ;) .