Ohio State Alumni and Current Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ErinMB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted at Ohio State for the fall and have been told by an OSU alumnus that I've shadowed to look into joining and living in the EYE house. He wasn't sure if the house was still there. Does anyone know, and who would I contact about it? It sounds like a great opportunity for me to meet other students, as well as having a good place to live, since I'm an out-of-state student.

Erin

Members don't see this ad.

call academic affairs office and they'll hook you up. http://optometry.osu.edu/futurestudents/contact.cfm

The Ohio State University
College of Optometry
Office of Student Affairs
A424 Starling-Loving Hall
320 W. 10th Avenue,
Columbus, OH 43210-1240 USA

Phone: (614) 292-2647
Email: Send email to Admissions

ErinMB said:
I have been accepted at Ohio State for the fall and have been told by an OSU alumnus that I've shadowed to look into joining and living in the EYE house. He wasn't sure if the house was still there. Does anyone know, and who would I contact about it? It sounds like a great opportunity for me to meet other students, as well as having a good place to live, since I'm an out-of-state student.

Erin
I've been to the EYE house and I'm sure you would meet lots of people and would like living in the house itself, but the whole frat area isn't very safe- you better make sure you're not walking home in the dark alone. There will be wild parties surrounding you, especially during football season. If you're young (like early to mid 20s) and don't mind having parties around you all of the time, you may love living there. I know I couldn't have lived there, but I was 32 when I started at OSU and was used to living in a nice house in a quiet neighborhood in the suberbs.