brownie85

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
has anyone heard from ohio state? i just got their supplemental app which was basically just a bunch of personal info questions..i submitted about 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything.

has anyoen heard from them at all??

acetyl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I was accepted to their program a few weeks ago, interviewed in January, and submitted the app./supp. app. back in August.

lvp0021

10+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Me too, now I am considering between Ohio State and Mercer. I've already turned down MCP Worcester though. Both schools are really good and very clinical. I don't really know which one I should pick. Any advices will be truely appreciated... Thanks in advance!

About the Ads

acetyl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
:D Received the letter today for admission. I like how short and sweet it is. I'm pretty much sold on Carolina, but I really really liked my experience in Columbus. The campus, students, everything, was awesome.

If something happens where they figure out I'm really an ax murderer at UNC, then I might have to go to OSU :D Just kidding, it's more likely that they rescind my admission because I don't know how to read directions about sending in a check to the right place. Arggh.

Funmacy

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
How did you guys find out you are accepted or not, through mail, email or phone? I am waiting for the decision!

acetyl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Email first, then a postal letter about a week later.

micyouyun

10+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey Funmacy, when did you have your interview with OSU? I had mine on Feb 10th and I'm still waiting to hear from them too

micyouyun

10+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
My application status hasn't changed at all but I emailed Joe yesterday and he sent me an email this morning letting me know that I've been accepted!
His email is [email protected]

Good luck!

melonld

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Has anybody interviewed last Friday (March 9) heard anything from OSU yet? It seems that OSU sends out admissions within a week. Is that a bad sign if I haven't heard anything or should I just be more patient? :confused:

miceheart

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2006
I interview on March 10th and got acceptance letter on March 16th friday by email from Joe. but I might decline it since I decided to go to Maryland.

RituM18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
hi everyone

I have an interview with OSU on march 31st, i just was wondering if those of you who have had an interview have any advice. How was the interview? was it stressful? any specific questions they asked? It would be an honor to get into OSU and to be a BUCKEYE! I have already browsed the interview feedback so any other help would be appreciated.

ps, anyone watch the OSU vs Xavier game today.. AMAZING!!:love:

About the Ads

sodiumchloride

10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
hi everyone

I have an interview with OSU on march 31st, i just was wondering if those of you who have had an interview have any advice. How was the interview? was it stressful? any specific questions they asked? It would be an honor to get into OSU and to be a BUCKEYE! I have already browsed the interview feedback so any other help would be appreciated.

ps, anyone watch the OSU vs Xavier game today.. AMAZING!!:love:

hi ritu!

The interview was super chill and they said that if you recieved an interview request, you have a really good chance of getting in! So don't stress. They ask usual interview questions. The interview feedback is a good place to look over questions for OSU. Good luck and don't be nervous!!

RituM18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
thanks a bunch sodiumchloride. i hope what you say regarding my chances is true!! :luck:

yedge

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
this interview is open file, which mean they have all your stats. the interviewer asked me very specific questions regarding my GPA and extracurricular. i thought i bombed the interview but got an acceptance email within a week. it's a pretty short interview, asking same old questions like.. why pharm? why osu? any questions for them kinda thing. i'd focus on those person questions than current issues regarding pharmacy like some other schools ask.

RituM18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
YAY!! i just came home from work and i got an email saying i've been accepted!! YAY!!! im sooo happy! i finally get to be a buckeye!!! i was expecting the letter on monday, because thats when Joe said they would let everyone know, so i was really surprised today!! thanks to everyone for their help. You have no idea how thankful i am for everyones help!!!:love: i wish everyone the best!!!

Lotka

My Pseudo Brother
10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2007
Columbus, OH
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I also had an email when I got home telling me that I got in. Congratulations to those of you that got in, I am very ecstatic about getting in.:D Good luck to those of you who have not heard anything as of yet.

About the Ads

gators14

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I wouldn't go there.....they keep losing to UF....they should rename it Runner up Univeristy

RituM18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
GOOD LUCK Bernie!! Give Joe a call, he told me that monday was the green light to give him a call in regards to application status! Im hoping for the best for you:):luck:

guptek

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
hey all u guys that got into osu
i heard their gpa req. is really high..like 3.6
ne body willing to share their stats?
i have interview april 13th...

RituM18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Well OSU was number one on my list, so I am biased to say that you should go to the interview. If you are in-state and are close enough to drive to columbus, I would say go for it, check the school out for yourself and if you do get accepted then decide if you want to attend or not. If you are out of state and need to fly or drive a long distance, I would weigh my options. I definitely would say that OSU had a lot to show for itself, and I am excited to be part of the University.

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Woodinville, Washington
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
We had an OSU question on our pharmacotherpay quiz yesterday.

What do OSU students have as bragging rights?
a. They can spell O-H-I-O
b. They played music from the Titanic during half-time in Arizona.
c. Their mascot is a nut - literally.
d. All of the above.
:laugh:

guptek

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
thnx ritu...

jus one more question...can u guys tell me wht sort of questions they ask pertaining to ur research???
thnx again!!

About the Ads

RituM18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i actually didnt have any questions pertaining to my research... it was mostly just questions about my background and schooling. It was more of a conversation, i would respond, and they would also chime in during my reponses. It was laid back and i felt comfortable. any other questions, just ask:)

rxpharmtech

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
would those who applied to ohio state mind sharing their stats to give me some hope for next year? =) ty

yedge

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
my stats were ok... my gpa wasnt so great (3.35 cumul and even lower science gpa) with 94% pcat score

RituM18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
to those who have been accepted.. just wanted to know how long it took for you to recieve your official admissions letter in the mail. Its been a little more than a week since i got an email, and I still havent gotten mine. I emailed Joe and no response either. I'm getting worried they sent me an email by mistake;)

Lotka

My Pseudo Brother
10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2007
Columbus, OH
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
to those who have been accepted.. just wanted to know how long it took for you to recieve your official admissions letter in the mail. Its been a little more than a week since i got an email, and I still havent gotten mine. I emailed Joe and no response either. I'm getting worried they sent me an email by mistake;)

I was also worried that I had not recieved anything as of yet, but seeing your post I doubt they made a mistake twice. Well, I hope they didn't. Hopefully we will recieve a letter Monday. :)

acetyl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
It was a few weeks until I got the postal letter. If you got the email, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Congrats, you're in, and you'll get to enjoy that hugemungous workout center they have at OSU.

Bernie3103

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2007
Status (Visible)
So, two people have confirmed acceptances who interviewed on March 30 or April 1st. Has anyone else heard any news? What about the candidates who interviewed last week? Usually, the Admissions Committee sends out a final decision within a week of the interview. I'm curious to find out what's going on.

guptek

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
hey bernie
i interviewed on april 13th n got an email from joe yesterday saying that i got in!! so did u hear from them yet?

Visor77

10+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
I'm thinking about giving up my spot at Ohio State and going to Mercer. Does anyone know who to contact at Ohio State to drop an acceptance? And when do I need to do this by?

acetyl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I'm thinking about giving up my spot at Ohio State and going to Mercer. Does anyone know who to contact at Ohio State to drop an acceptance? And when do I need to do this by?

Heather Agresta Deters, Joe Orozco, Dean Bruggemeier, basically anyone with student services I'm sure could take care of it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.