Ohio State Fall 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatabeautifulmornin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Didn't see a thread for this one yet so I figured I'd start it. I'm so excited to hear back from them- anyone know when interviews are supposed to start?

3.68 GPA
98th percentile PCAT
B.S. in Biochem in May 2018
Two summers as Pharm Tech and ~ 1 year of biophysical chemistry research

Members don't see this ad.

They told me they're reviewing ED applicants right now. They would start interviewing regular applicants in November.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Me too, but I had to schedule mine in december b/c it conflicted with my interview with UPitt on november.

I just submitted my application, just waiting for it to be verified. These are my stats, was wondering if you guys will think I can be a competitive applicant for The Ohio State.

GPA ~3.80
PCAT 94th percentile
BS in Biology with minors in chemistry and psychology in May 2018

I do not have pharmacy experience other than shadowing a local pharmacist for a day. Being a student-athlete consumes a majority of my time.

I just got an interview invitation today from OSU! I was really surprised to have gotten one because I didn't submit the supplemental app. I was on the fence about applying and decided not to after submitting the pharmcas app because I didn't know much about the school (they didn't have a lot of information on their site). I still want to keep my options open and since I will already be traveling to the east coast for other schools' interviews I'm considering going in for the OSU interview. Who knows, it might actually be a perfect match!

So I want to ask, why did you choose OSU? What makes it stand out? I'm honestly having a hard time finding any info on their school.

I just got an interview invitation today from OSU! I was really surprised to have gotten one because I didn't submit the supplemental app. I was on the fence about applying and decided not to after submitting the pharmcas app because I didn't know much about the school (they didn't have a lot of information on their site). I still want to keep my options open and since I will already be traveling to the east coast for other schools' interviews I'm considering going in for the OSU interview. Who knows, it might actually be a perfect match!

So I want to ask, why did you choose OSU? What makes it stand out? I'm honestly having a hard time finding any info on their school.

Hey, congrats on your interview invite! I just got the call from admissions about my acceptance! So I’ve been studying at OSU for undergrad and I loved it, so I really wanted to go to OSU for grad as well!
They just changed their curriculum about a few years ago and the new curriculum really focuses on getting that practical experience along with your classes. You basically take one or two classes, then you have a lab, and then you have what they call IPPE which is the practical experience in an actual pharmacy.
They also have SO many opportunities for internships! The Wexner Medical Center is literally across the street from the college and they work with them a lot to get their students experience in an hospital along with communities.
Also out of state applicants, which I’m assuming you are, can also apply for in-state residency to get in-state tuition which is a total bonus! Plus Columbus is a pretty big city and there’s a lot to do here for fun outside of classes!

So yeah, I might be biased, but I totally think you should give OSU a shot haha

Reactions: 1 user