Ohio State Interview!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Dsmack

Did anybody else receive an invite to Ohio State today?

They sent it by email, and my wife is invited also. The interview is scheduled to take place on Saturday Sept 30th at the hotel across from the Horseshoe!

Is it true that they re-imburse you for the cost?

Members don't see this ad.

They specifically invited your wife? I like that consideration. Congratulations.

**** dood. no, tell me more

Members don't see this ad :)
any instates with interviews yet? ps what submit date are all you?

I got an invite also, I am stoked!!!:D :D :D :D

The invited spouses and parents. The hotel is already full, that kind of sucks.
Where are you staying at dsmack?

They said they have a program/tour for your spouses or parents while you interview. Breakfast and lunch provided. They wanted an RSVP with the names of my guest(s).

I submitted everything as early as you could submit it. (aadsas,secondary, etc)

I actually got into the Hotel, I called at like 6pm Mtn time and they hooked me up.

My wife and I only got a room with 2 twin beds. It was the last non-smoking they had.

It was wierd that they sent the email at like 5:30 pm mtn.

How much was your flight? I got both for $480 thru delta. The hotel is 120 a night, ouch!

I got the interview invite today as well. I'm out of state and my wife was invited too. I submitted May 24th but was slow to do the secondary. I think that I got it in in the middle of July. What are you talking about them reimbursing you????

I heard that they reimburse you for some of the cost from a reputable student last year who got in........I can't confirm that though.

I sure hope it is true.

RDHWIFE isn't it weird that we don't have an invite to VCU, I know of friends that have had their invite for almost a month now? Our stats are nearly the same. Maybe they didn't like our photo?

But who cares, we are headed to columbus!!!!!!!!1

RDHWIFE isn't it weird that we don't have an invite to VCU, I know of friends that have had their invite for almost a month now? Our stats are nearly the same. Maybe they didn't like our photo?

I think it is so wierd that I haven't heard from VCU. I look almost as cute as my dog though so I highly doubt they didn't like my photo. I'd rather be a Buckeye anyway.

I agree bro,

It is a dang good feeling to know that we are at the top of the list for The Ohio State University!!!!

Screw VCU anyway! ;) ;)

I agree bro,

It is a dang good feeling to know that we are at the top of the list for The Ohio State University!!!!

Screw VCU anyway! ;) ;)

Where are you guys from?

Members don't see this ad :)

osu sucks..... especially when texas dominates the buckeyes tomorrow

just kidding, but not really

is it true that students at case get more hands on experiecne than students at osu?

Is it true that OSU is cheaper than Case with the whole residency issue?

By the way, OSU will dominate that crap you guys at texas call a football team!

Go Buckeyes!

I agree with DSMACK, after getting an interview with OSU I do not even think I am going to go to an interview with VCU, that is if I get one.:)

Your lucky you got in the hotel, I have no idea where I am going to stay. I am also still deciding if my wife is coming or not.

By the way, OSU will dominate that crap you guys at texas call a football team!

Go Buckeyes!

Just wait until that cold day in November when Michigan comes to the Horseshoe to dominate on the Buckeyes... GO BLUE

congrats on getting an interview at osu. Blackwell is nice but expensive, i never heard of students getting reimbursed but more power to you if you do. Interviews are casual, but be prepared. I heard some students got a few crazy curve ball questions.

Hey rajan247, do you know some hotels that are close to the blackwill inn. The interviews will be held there so I would like to be as close as possible.
Do also know how many people are interviewed per day?

Just wait until that cold day in November when Michigan comes to the Horseshoe to dominate on the Buckeyes... GO BLUE

I hear smack like this and I cannot wait til November!!! GO BUCKS!!!!

Did anybody else receive an invite to Ohio State today?

They sent it by email, and my wife is invited also. The interview is scheduled to take place on Saturday Sept 30th at the hotel across from the Horseshoe!

Is it true that they re-imburse you for the cost?

I got an interview for the 30th as well! See you there!

is everyone with an interview at OSU out of state applicants because i have heard that the first interview date is just for out of state students....just wondering!

im from ohio, so i hope so. it would make sense, since only 25% of the class is reserved for outofstaters

I interviewed at OSU last year, and got in. Erm... I couldn't stand their 70's facilities and how the whole city was all about college football (that's the only culture that exists in Columbus).

I am from Ohio and decided to explore other cities with dental schools - Boston did it for me. But I am sure anyone who would like to give the OSU experience a shot can enjoy themselves with the little the city has to offer, and the tuition deal from the school - compensated with old school pre-doc training facilities.

If you get an interview there, you are a shoe-in!

coldfront if you dont mind me asking what were your stats etc..

Hey rajan247, do you know some hotels that are close to the blackwill inn. The interviews will be held there so I would like to be as close as possible.
Do also know how many people are interviewed per day?

Yeah, theres a bunch, you have the Holiday Inn which is really close to the Blackwell (where the interviews take place) and there is also a hotel on Olentangy River Rd which is a five min drive, just depends i guess on what you can find.

Oh yeah, we had about 50 people on interview day.

You'll start off getting a flash binder and information (so there is no need to bring a portfolio or anything like that with you) and mingling with other prospective students, interviewers, and helpers at the complimentary breakfast. The day then moves on with meeting with Financial aid, presentations on Army and DDS,phd programs etc, interviews and hearty lunch followed by a tour of the dental school to wrap up.

There aren't any reimbursments for the hotel. Any aggies out there.

Case:

Tuition 37,650
Lab fee 300
Student activity fee *200
Health insurance **874
Instruments (estimate) 7,525
Books 2,470
Total estimated costs $ 49,019

Ohio State University:

Ohio Resident Annual Tuition................$22,674
Est. Cost of Books and Supplies.......... $5,109
Total..............................................$27783
3rd and 4th year are about 7500$ more because you are enrolled 4 quarters instead of three.

coldfront if you dont mind me asking what were your stats etc..
As an Ohio resident, my stats were (still are):

GPA: 3.5
Sci: 3.4
DAT: 19/20 on AA/TS

The average stats probably went up from last cyle, but you need to be an "A" student, with 20+ DAT scores if you are applying as a non-resident.

Good luck!

I haven't been on this site for awhile and was surprised to stumble across this thread. Congratulations everyone on your pending interviews! I was wondering if you had seen the interview questions that are posted on the admissions site? I printed them off to go over just to have some thoughts prepared, but they are pretty much what you'd expect. Good luck, everyone!