Ohio state residents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kapMD/PhD

T-1 yr
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any Ohio State Neuro residents out there who would be willing to comment on the strength of the program, opportunities for research, and the overall department attitude? Also - how is Columbus? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking of applying there too. Would love to know people's views.

Does anyone have any thoughts about Cleveland Clinic or Case Western?

I interviewed at Ohio State last year and liked the program. Very friendly residents that seemed happy, easy to get along with. Faculty I met seemed cool. I thought the hospital itself was quite nice and I actually liked Columbus-lower cost of living, easy to get around, active young college town. The program itself is small, only taking 3 residents per year, which I felt was too few. I think they cover 1 community hospital in addition to the main university hospital. Also, when I was interviewing they were still in search of a new department chair, who they have since acquired (I believe from UTSW). For some unknown reason they apparently went completely unfilled (0/3) the year before I applied, they of course filled the spots in the scramble, but this was kind of a red flag to me. I heard they didn't interview too many people and were counting on some internal (OSU) med students to match there that wound up going elsewhere. If Columbus appeals to you the program is worth a look.