Ohio State Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tlcst3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else, who interviewed, application status change to decision on Ohio State's website? I obsessively check it several times a day and today it changed to decision!!!:confused: Did anyone hear anything positive or negative yet?

Members don't see this ad.

today my status changed to:

Status: Your application was completed on NOVEMBER 30, 2007 and is in the process of evaluation.

AAAaaahhhh!!! This waiting is torture. Changing the status on the internet and then sending material in the mail builds unnecessary suspense. I am back to waiting by the mail box. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
AAAaaahhhh!!! This waiting is torture. Changing the status on the internet and then sending material in the mail builds unnecessary suspense. I am back to waiting by the mail box. :p

i was under the impression ohio called for interviews and things... which is making me completely frantic because my phone screen has been working on and off. so whenever it rings i'm on my best behavior on the off chance that osu is calling to say "we love you, please attend our school for free - you don't even need to come for an interview"

and one more thing... did we ever give our phone number to osu, or did they just take it from vmcas? on my tracking page it just has name, address, date of birth, email address and that's it...

Once my status changed to decision it took a week and a half to get the letter (and I lived 5 minutes from the vet school). What I did was call professional admissions and they can't tell you the decision, but if you ask when the letter will be mailed they will have to look up your name. Last year I called twice (obsessive I know) and the woman both times hinted that I could "celebrate over the weekend" or something like that.

My status page now reads "deferred" More waiting.

i was under the impression ohio called for interviews and things... which is making me completely frantic because my phone screen has been working on and off. so whenever it rings i'm on my best behavior on the off chance that osu is calling to say "we love you, please attend our school for free - you don't even need to come for an interview"
Ohio state did call for interviews, but they send out letters with acceptances/rejections.

so is ohio done with their interviews? :eek:

Well my status changed to "decision pending" but I haven't been interviewed yet which might be a bad sign. Anyone else have this status?

week and a half after your interview? at what point did you start calling? ;)

I'm sure you remember what it feels like to be this obsessive.

I didn't start calling a week and a half after my interview, I called the day after my status changed to decision and then again a week after that. There was around a week and a half lagtime between the decision change and when I got my letter in the mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't start calling a week and a half after my interview, I called the day after my status changed to decision and then again a week after that. There was around a week and a half lagtime between the decision change and when I got my letter in the mail.

When did you interview and when were you accepted? Was it early on in the process? I am thinking if they made a decision on my application so soon it might not be a good thing. :confused:

I interviewed the first week in December and found out around the first week or two of January. Hearing early doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing - they send out both acceptances and rejections to a few people right away, and the rest are considered at later meetings.

What has people's status pages said after their interview? My friends now says "decision pending" and I don't know if mine ever said that last year.

What has people's status pages said after their interview? My friends now says "decision pending" and I don't know if mine ever said that last year.
Right before and right after my interview, my status page said 'decision pending' then it changed to 'deferred.' I also received a letter in the mail which explained the ranking process (the whole bell curve thing & that those in the middle of the curve get held while those at the very top are accepted & those at the very bottom are rejected) & that I was being held or deferred for a decision at a later date and would be notified as soon as a decision was reached which could be as late as the end of March or sooner.

has anyone's status page said 'decision pending' before you were invited for an interview?

Mine changed to "decision pending" as well, and it did for my friend as well before she interviewed. I guess it is pending how well we do at our interviews! Good luck! Mine is next Tuesday

i was at 'referred' after i applied, then 'decision pending' a little while before and after the interview. it just changed to 'decision' this past monday (i interviewed 11/27 OOS) so i guess i'll find out soon enough :eek:

Mine currently says (and has always said) "evaluation"

mine still says incomplete- called today and they explained that there is a backlog of transcripts and that mine may be there, and they just haven't scanned them in yet. They said as soon as they are scanned in the status should change- and that my application will not be reviewed until everything is received.

I interviewed around the beginning of Dec. and my status on OSU's site changed from Evaluation to "Referred". Does it say this for anyone else? Does anyone know what this means?

Mine says referred as well, changed 2+ weeks ago from evaluation, but my interview isn't until January 3rd. I don't think I would worry too much about what that site says, they seem to be having a lot of problems with it. I think they only time to be excited/worried is when it changes to decision...

it was updated today to reflect that they did receive one of my transcripts. It still says incomplete as they are missing one more transcript (which should be there...)

Hey guys, I just joined SDN and I'm reading all of your OSU posts and wondering where you find this status page? I had an interview there on 12/5 but I never received an email or anything telling me about a status website that would be updated. Could you give me the website address? By the way, are you all in-state? I'm out-of-state and I was under the impression that they don't make non-resident decisions until they've interviewed all non-residents, but apprently they accept residents on a rolling basis?

Hey guys, I just joined SDN and I'm reading all of your OSU posts and wondering where you find this status page? I had an interview there on 12/5 but I never received an email or anything telling me about a status website that would be updated. Could you give me the website address? By the way, are you all in-state? I'm out-of-state and I was under the impression that they don't make non-resident decisions until they've interviewed all non-residents, but apprently they accept residents on a rolling basis?

Try here: https://newman.uts.ohio-state.edu/admissions/appstat/Adm_AppStatus.cfm

Thanks so much for posting that website. I just checked and it says "decision" so I guess I either will or will not be accepted. Does anyone know how long until they send out letters after posting decision for non-residents? They told me at the interview that I wouldn't find out until February, but has anyone else found out yet? I'm so on edge over all this!

Thanks so much for posting that website. I just checked and it says "decision" so I guess I either will or will not be accepted. Does anyone know how long until they send out letters after posting decision for non-residents? They told me at the interview that I wouldn't find out until February, but has anyone else found out yet? I'm so on edge over all this!

Hmmm... From what I understand once they post decision you should hear soon. Try calling them - they won't tell you over the phone, but they should be able to give you more information.

My status changed to 'referred'. I haven't heard about an interview. Does anyone know what that means? Thanks

Referred: They have your information entered
Decision Pending: Interview is scheduled, but the adcomm has not yet met about your interview (can change before or after interview)
Decision: A yes/no has been made
Deferred: The interview has taken place and the decision that has been made on the app is to defer a decision to a later date.

Evaluation comes before referred? I figured "Evaluation" means that it was been evaluated!!!

So, referred basically means that app is out with the adcoms and they are currently reviewing the application?

Evaluation comes before referred? I figured "Evaluation" means that it was been evaluated!!!

So, referred basically means that app is out with the adcoms and they are currently reviewing the application?

Mine still says evaluation (I just tried to double check to make sure, but I found out the hard way you can't get your status at 2:30 on a Monday morning...)

Yes, evaluation comes before referred. I believe they make the referral sheets in order that they get the supplementals (hence rolling admission). So the only status that should have been missing from my list is evaluation.

Yes, evaluation comes before referred. I believe they make the referral sheets in order that they get the supplementals (hence rolling admission). So the only status that should have been missing from my list is evaluation.

ri23 - you have been so helpful, but I have a few more questions for you. I know this is just me being crazy, but do you know how many applications have yet to be looked at? My friend submitted her application at the same time I did (actually, I think she submitted hers afterwards) and got called for an interview on Wednesday. Meanwhile, my status still says evaluation.

Anyway, if you can provide any insights that would be fantastic!

banditalfi, I am also stuck in evaluation-land (still!), so that's at least one other application yet to be looked at...my supp. was received Oct. 9 and application "complete" Nov. 30. I've sort of given up worrying over my phone =)

ri23 - you have been so helpful, but I have a few more questions for you. I know this is just me being crazy, but do you know how many applications have yet to be looked at? My friend submitted her application at the same time I did (actually, I think she submitted hers afterwards) and got called for an interview on Wednesday. Meanwhile, my status still says evaluation.

Anyway, if you can provide any insights that would be fantastic!

I have no idea how man people have yet to be evaluated, but I'm sure they probably still have many to do, so don't get worried yet! Sorry that wasn't too helpful.

Has anyone that interviewed just before the Christmas break received a hard copy of the decision?? I am too scared to call but am anxiously waiting to hear....

Good luck kekemapa, I'd assume that you have a letter coming soon! I interviewed 1/3 and my status is still referred. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

I received my acceptance letter in the mail about 3 weeks ago. It definitely took a while to receive it even after the decision was made back on 12/14.

I received my acceptance letter in the mail about 3 weeks ago. It definitely took a while to receive it even after the decision was made back on 12/14.

:eek: Get yourself over to the Class of 2012 Acceptances Thread ASAP Missy/Mister and add yourself to that list!!

:D

(I'm an information junkie!)

I think that interview invite got her all in a tizzy, hee hee. :love:

Thanks! Hopefully it will come soon....

WildVet16 is the one who started that thread. :p

Deeep breath...it'll be alright....

Heh. Heh heh. Apparently the interview invite also made me forget my alphabet. I was looking for Ohio State up at the front of the list near Cornell and Colorado. Doh.

Just ignore me.... *slips quietly out of the thread*:p