Ohio State University Invite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ridhi465

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going for my first out of state interview in a month and I was wondering where other people will be staying overnight? The blackwell is booked up and I'm not sure which of the other hotels I should book.

Also, I have never travelled within the United States.. how much time should I have between connecting flights? I have only come in through Miami internationally and there are usually ridiculously long lines. I saw a few flights where the connections are within an hour.. would that be too risky?

In any case, I found non stop flights with AA but they are the most expensive (350 return)

Members don't see this ad.

No I'm flying from Miami. I saw some had 1 stop in JFK, others in Chicago and such. I was wondering how long do you usually NEED between flights to ensure you dont miss ur next flight

Members don't see this ad :)
Try the Hilton-Garden Inn (5 min from campus) on Olentangy Rd.

if you are connecting domestic to domestic than an hour is fine, the only thing you have to worry about is;
1. if your flight is delayed
2. if you fly into a large airport with different concourses the travel time between gates
but generally when you book a flight they give you your connecting flight and they have it set up to where you can have enough time
you will be fine

One website that has helped me get cheap tickets is studentuniverse.com. they offer cheap tickets to students. See if you can find something out there.