Ohio State Vs. Scco

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UW2002

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which school has a better program and what factors should I consider when choosing between SCCO and OHIO? :D

Members don't see this ad.

UW2002 said:
Which school has a better program and what factors should I consider when choosing between SCCO and OHIO? :D

I like SCCO or Suck-O :D …he he he just kidding (my alma mater) both programs are excellent. :thumbup: Calif has the nice warm weather and beaches, but crowded. :cool: Congratulation on having to make such a difficult decision.

rpie said:
I like SCCO or Suck-O :D …he he he just kidding (my alma mater) both programs are excellent. :thumbup: Calif has the nice warm weather and beaches, but crowded. :cool: Congratulation on having to make such a difficult decision.

hehe hey! like rpie im a little bit biased (i am going to scco next year) but basically i think they are both great schools and prolly no matter where you go you will get a great education. i think its hard to say till you actually get out there but one of the main factors in making my decision (besides money) is where i could see myself living for 3 years. i think also if you got a gut feeling when you interviewed at either place you should listen to that too :)
good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
UW2002 said:
where are u from? If u are from CA, go to SCCO, and if u are from Ohio, go to Ohio. if you live close to SCCO, go to SCCO. if u live close to Ohio, go there.

ppa93 said:
where are u from? If u are from CA, go to SCCO, and if u are from Ohio, go to Ohio. if you live close to SCCO, go to SCCO. if u live close to Ohio, go there.

no offense but thats kinda dumb; some people specifically go to schools to get away from their own state, scco is private so you dont really gain anything by going instate, cali is a big state; just cause you live in it doesnt really make it more like being at home than ohio. you should expand your horizons and try new things. i think that that is probably the worst reasoning for picking a school that i have ever heard of

Thanks for all the advice. I'm actually from Wisconsin, but live in Utah. I went to Wisconsin for my undergrad and Utah for my grad. Ohio would be more familiar in way. Then again, California would be a new experience.

Where do people study at SCCO since they have such a little library? Is that a problem? Also, do most people live close to the school there in fullerton or do they commute? It doesn't seem like there are a lot of students around. Thanks for the help. :thumbup:

UW2002 said:
Thanks for all the advice. I'm actually from Wisconsin, but live in Utah. I went to Wisconsin for my undergrad and Utah for my grad. Ohio would be more familiar in way. Then again, California would be a new experience.

Where do people study at SCCO since they have such a little library? Is that a problem? Also, do most people live close to the school there in fullerton or do they commute? It doesn't seem like there are a lot of students around. Thanks for the help. :thumbup:

I'm in the class of 2008 @ SCCO, so I'll try to answer your questions.

The library is kind of small, but it's never been an issue for me or any of my friends. There are a lot of private study cubbies, and big tables. The study rooms are pretty coveted, but that's intended for small groups and not individuals anyway. I don't know when you toured the school, but we are in the process of remodelling the F building Student Center. Once that gets completed, the section that is the current lounge will become a study area, and the opposite side that is currently offices will become the student lounge. The campus store will also be moving down to the F building, which will free up more room for the library as well. Another thing to consider is that exams for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years sometimes occur on different days, so it's not like the entire school is going to converge on the library (until finals time at least :p ). A lot of people also prefer studying at home.

As far as living situations, I'd say 80% if the class lives in the surrounding area, within a 10 minute drive of campus at max. A lot of the students at SCCO live in the aparments across the street, or in the school owned condos adjacent to campus. I also have friends that live on Milton Ave. the closest crosstreet to Associated. It gets pretty busy there because it's Cal State Fullerton's frat row, but we've come to affectionately call those appartments the Milton Hiltons.

As a side note, one of the third year class officers is from Wisconsin, if you have any questions for her I'm sure she'd be more than happy to answer them for you.

heretic said:

The library is kind of small, but it's never been an issue for me or any of my friends. There are a lot of private study cubbies, and big tables. The study rooms are pretty coveted, but that's intended for small groups and not individuals anyway. I don't know when you toured the school, but we are in the process of remodelling the F building Student Center. Once that gets completed, the section that is the current lounge will become a study area, and the opposite side that is currently offices will become the student lounge. The campus store will also be moving down to the F building, which will free up more room for the library as well. Another thing to consider is that exams for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years sometimes occur on different days, so it's not like the entire school is going to converge on the library (until finals time at least :p ). A lot of people also prefer studying at home.

As far as living situations, I'd say 80% if the class lives in the surrounding area, within a 10 minute drive of campus at max. A lot of the students at SCCO live in the aparments across the street, or in the school owned condos adjacent to campus. I also have friends that live on Milton Ave. the closest crosstreet to Associated. It gets pretty busy there because it's Cal State Fullerton's frat row, but we've come to affectionately call those appartments the Milton Hiltons.

As a side note, one of the third year class officers is from Wisconsin, if you have any questions for her I'm sure she'd be more than happy to answer them for you.

That would be great if I could be contact from her. In fact I think we may have gone to the same university (Madison). if you could send me her info that would be great! [email protected]

heretic said:

That would be great if I could be contact with her. In fact I think we may have gone to the same university (Madison). if you could send me her info that would be great! [email protected]