-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State
Started by aspiring_dpt
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone heard back from Ohio state???? I feel like it's already so late. Maybe others have heard and I haven't????
Yesterday afternoon I got a save the date for their open house/interview day but don’t know if they sent it to everyone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yesterday afternoon I got a save the date for their open house/interview day but don’t know if they sent it to everyone
What day is the open house set for?
I did not receive this same email. What day is the open house/interview?Yesterday afternoon I got a save the date for their open house/interview day but don’t know if they sent it to everyone
What day is the open house set for?
I did not receive this same email. What day is the open house/interview?
The email said December 14th. I’m really not sure if it’s an official invitation or just a reminder. By the time I called to ask they were already closed for the weekend so I was gonna wait until next week. I know this is their first year interviewing so there’s nothing online about it but I’ve been searching to see if anyone got the same email or has heard anything different.
The email said December 14th. I’m really not sure if it’s an official invitation or just a reminder. By the time I called to ask they were already closed for the weekend so I was gonna wait until next week. I know this is their first year interviewing so there’s nothing online about it but I’ve been searching to see if anyone got the same email or has heard anything different.
Do you mind posting your stats/when you applied?
Do you mind posting your stats/when you applied?
Sure!
Undergrad: University of Florida
Major: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
GPA: 3.76
GRE: 153 Q, 157 V, 4 AW
Hours: 100+ hours spread across 4 facilities: 3 outpatient (one was a sports PT setting with college and professional athletes, other 2 were general population but had some specialities in neuro, aquatics, and geriatrics) and 1 inpatient
I also did a full time internship with the sports health department where I acquired over 500 hours..it was mostly working with ATs but I explained that I was able to see the PTs work with the athletes regularly and other healthcare professionals..I’m not sure how much schools are weighing this though
Recommendations: 1 PT, 1 professor, and 1 supervisor
Involvement: club soccer team member and executive board member for 3.5 years, student ambassador/tour guide with leadership positions for 2.5 years, volunteered with kids through multiple organizations over 4 years
Honors: 4 year merit based scholarship from admissions office, deans list, magna cum laude graduate
I submitted my app September 29 or 30 I can’t remember exactly
aspiring_dpt
Full Member
I still haven’tDid anyone else hear from osu?
pt_wannabe
New Member
I got the same email last Friday about save the date for December 14th but it did not seem like an interview invite so I am still waiting for more information!
aspiring_dpt
Full Member
I didn’t get that email so I’m not excepting anything from themI got the same email last Friday about save the date for December 14th but it did not seem like an interview invite so I am still waiting for more information!
Did you ever call and ask what this email meant or when applicants would hear back?The email said December 14th. I’m really not sure if it’s an official invitation or just a reminder. By the time I called to ask they were already closed for the weekend so I was gonna wait until next week. I know this is their first year interviewing so there’s nothing online about it but I’ve been searching to see if anyone got the same email or has heard anything different.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m in the same boat. I wish I knew if official invites were already sent out or notI didn't get that "save the date" email that a few people got. Not sure if I should expect to hear anything from them soon or not. I know applicants heard back from OSU around this time last year, so idk.. Lol
Did you ever call and ask what this email meant or when applicants would hear back?
No I was just gonna wait to see if they sent anything else out. I have interviews at a few schools higher on my list so I’m just focusing on them right now. With the open house being in less than a month I’m sure they’ll send something official out by the end of this month.
Did you ever call and ask what this email meant or when applicants would hear back?
I’ll email them now to clarify!
Dancrgrl08
New Member
Has anyone who went to the interview on December 14th heard back from OSU?
hopefulfuturept13
Full Member
still waiting to hear back :/Has anyone who went to the interview on December 14th heard back from OSU?
hopefulfuturept13
Full Member
still waiting to hear back :/
Update: I am on the waitlist. There's another round of interviews and then they will tell people their position on the waitlist.
COlumbus_DPT
New Member
Did they say if all the spots were filled yet or what not? I am in the second round of interviews so I haven't heard anything.Update: I am on the waitlist. There's another round of interviews and then they will tell people their position on the waitlist.
hopefulfuturept13
Full Member
They said there is still a few open seatsDid they say if all the spots were filled yet or what not? I am in the second round of interviews so I haven't heard anything.
hopefulfuturept13
Full Member
Any updates on your current statuses? I just found out I was low on the waitlist but am not sure if anyone accepted will decline or not.