Ohio State?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DHG

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about Ohio State? :confused: Have they done any interviews yet? Any info appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

The lady who works in the admissions office told me a while ago they would not begin evaluation of applications until after fall quarter. They send out a supplimental application to a little less then half of the applicants. Good Luck, as I need it too!

CincyPrePharm06 said:
The lady who works in the admissions office told me a while ago they would not begin evaluation of applications until after fall quarter. They send out a supplimental application to a little less then half of the applicants. Good Luck, as I need it too!
I got a supplemental application, so that's good.... But that was a few months ago... Good luck to you too :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still waiting from Ohio State...They will send supplementary to selected applicants...I haven't received anything from them yet....

Oh. My. Goodness.

Still waiting. :scared:

I wish they'd hurry up! :oops:

DHG, I know its hard but don't worry too much. I kinda doubt that they've started interviewing people yet. From what I was told they are taking their time this year. I just got my supplemental yesterday.

Your numbers practically guarantee you an interview. Last year I was considered a "bubble candidate" at OSU with a 3.13 overall, a 95 PCAT, and only a few months of experience as a tech. I've improved my GPA since and hold an B.S. from OSU so I'm hoping that and more experience will get me an interview.

If you have any spefic concerns or questions regarding your application to OSU email Heather Agresta, their director of admissions. She is VERY helpful.

CincyPrePharm06 said:
DHG, I know its hard but don't worry too much. I kinda doubt that they've started interviewing people yet. From what I was told they are taking their time this year. I just got my supplemental yesterday.

Your numbers practically guarantee you an interview. Last year I was considered a "bubble candidate" at OSU with a 3.13 overall, a 95 PCAT, and only a few months of experience as a tech. I've improved my GPA since and hold an B.S. from OSU so I'm hoping that and more experience will get me an interview.

If you have any spefic concerns or questions regarding your application to OSU email Heather Agresta, their director of admissions. She is VERY helpful.

I just can't believe they haven't done any interviews yet... If they don't give acceptances until Feb or March... That's only 3 months before you'd have to move there! Short notice. Good luck to you also :luck:

DHG said:
If they don't give acceptances until Feb or March... That's only 3 months before you'd have to move there!

Just curious as to where you are getting 3 months. Classes don't start till late Sept.

I figure if they've started they may have only done a round or 2 of interviews so far.

CincyPrePharm06 said:
Just curious as to where you are getting 3 months. Classes don't start till late Sept.

Wow, that's really late. I thought most schools started late August.

CincyPrePharm06 said:

I figure if they've started they may have only done a round or 2 of interviews so far.

Oh, I thought they started in August.

Regardless, all the other schools that are rolling admission that I applied to had their first interview day MONTHS ago. That is what I was wondering about. I just thought it was strange that they have not started interviewing yet (as far as I know).

They sent me an interview invitation last Friday....and the interview is on Sat. Feb 11.

My stat. is not that great

Overall GPA: 3.7
PCAT: 83%composite.....so you guys still have hope. Good luck to all.

Escape said:
They sent me an interview invitation last Friday....and the interview is on Sat. Feb 11.

Those stats are fine! Have a little more confidence in yourself. Good luck! :luck:

Escape said:

I agree, your GPA and PCAT are fine! Did you get the invite via email? mail? phone? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Via mail........Ohio is a good school...I hope they will accept me. I got accepted to South already but it is too far away from my hometown....

They've been sending out out interview invites for a while now by mail. I got mine late decemember. Hopefully my interview this weekend goes well :luck:

patmcd said:
They've been sending out out interview invites for a while now by mail. I got mine late decemember. Hopefully my interview this weekend goes well :luck:
Good luck! Let us know how it went :thumbup:

The OSU interview isn't bad. They were very friendly. Also, they have a short turn around time for acceptance. They got back to me in less than a week.

patmcd said:
The OSU interview isn't bad. They were very friendly. Also, they have a short turn around time for acceptance. They got back to me in less than a week.
That is great! I'm still waiting and hoping. :luck:

DHG: you should be fine....don't worry much because your stats is even better than mine....Good Luck

Escape said:
DHG: you should be fine....don't worry much because your stats is even better than mine....Good Luck
:D Got an invite for last weekend in February * releived *

hello everyone..i just wanted to let you all know i am a P1 at OSU... so if you have any questions about the programs, interviews, etc...let me know...good luck :)

OhioRx: I have an interview coming up soon.....would you please share your experience at Ohio? How are the professors? What are some good things about the school as well as bad things if there is any?

JWirawan said:
Via E-mail or mail?
It will arrive by mail... I found out by email that I'm getting one by mail because I did the big No-No of e-mailing to check my status :)

Come on :) I would kill for those stats.

I'm working on their supplemental. Good luck to everyone.

Received an acceptance today from OSU. I was surprised with their speed because the interview was only last Friday.

Me too, actually, the lady emailed me and said congrats and said that the official letter will arrive in the mail later this week. Heather, the director of student affair, told people during the interview that she'd try to email them as soon as she got the yes decisions from the committe. So if you don't really hear back from her like 1 week after the interview through email, I guess all you are waiting is the rejection letter or the waitlisted one...I felt pretty relieved right after the interview cause one of my interviewers was Jerry and he implicitly signalled me during the interview that I stood a high chance. But anyway, I wish you all the best look. THey interview only ~200 and accept 125 so if you get an itnerview, it's a good sign, just try to shine during the interview!

Hi. I also applied to OSU.

I got my supplementals done last month, but I haven't received an interview letter, yet.

I have 3.4 GPA(mostly from CC), and a 98 PCAT. My week area is just 3 months of pharmacy experience and no volunteering experience. I've been heavily involved with family situations and haven't really had a lot of chances for any of them.

I really hope to hear from them as OSU is the only school I applied. I can't leave my family so my only option is to get into OSU Pharm.D. I will try again if I don't get in this year though.

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully we all become classmates in Sep.

Hi. I also applied to OSU.

I got my supplementals done last month, but I haven't received an interview letter, yet.

I have 3.4 GPA(mostly from CC), and a 98 PCAT. My week area is just 3 months of pharmacy experience and no volunteering experience. I've been heavily involved with family situations and haven't really had a lot of chances for any of them.

I really hope to hear from them as OSU is the only school I applied. I can't leave my family so my only option is to get into OSU Pharm.D. I will try again if I don't get in this year though.

Good luck to everyone. Hopefully we all become classmates in Sep.

Hi there,
I am sure you will stand a chance with that high PCAT score, which is higher than mine. I guess it's just time before you receive an invitation form OSU.
The most important part is the interview and you should prepare for it carefully. Right after my interview I knew that I'd stand a chance as the interviewer signalled me already. They are looking for caring and compassionate people so anything that you've done in your life emphasizing those characteristics should be told to them during the interview.
Good luck! PM me about the interview if you have any questions. I'd love to help

I received an interview request today. :) A lady called me this morning to schedule the interview. She gave me choices between next Friday and 2 weeks after that friday. Would one week be enough for me to get ready for the interview?

I've never been to an academic interview, so this will be my first time. I am a little nervous for that. I'd really like to get help from anyone who's willing to share their experiences. I'd greatly appreciate it.

P.S. Thank you for your word, Lvp2001. Good job on your interview, too. What kind of questions did they ask, and how long was the whole process that day?