Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

courtneyv2002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I looked through most of these and can't find anything about OSU's OD program. I interview there on Friday. Any suggestions?

I'm also waitlisted at SCO - :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

courtneyv2002 said:
I'm pretty sure I looked through most of these and can't find anything about OSU's OD program. I interview there on Friday. Any suggestions?

I'm also waitlisted at SCO - :thumbdown:

I interviewed there a few weeks back, and the program's pretty good. You have your science courses in the first year, then when you start seeing patients in your second year, you're partnered so seeing patients is not as daunting.

If you can, try to get accomodated at the EYE house. You get to meet students there, talk and hang out. The guest room there is nice. I was also able to sit in a few first year classes, one of which was lectured by the professor on the admissions board, Dr. Irley, so you get a chance to meet him before the interview. Good Luck!!

I am going to OSU next year. The program I feel is top-notch (of course I am bias). New facilities are being built right now, and they have a great emphasis on research... which i really liked.

You actually don't see patients until after your second year... its a very traditional program in that sense.

I am also signing a lease to live in the EYE house next fall for my first year. Hope this helps... let me if you have any other questions!