Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

condoleezarice

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ohio State says they need 9 of 13 semesters of prerequisites done by application time. This is sort of unique because they have so many preqs, such as Biochem, Physiology, Anatomy, and Microbiology.

How strict are they about this? I will only have 8 by application time.

Members don't see this ad.

OSU is pretty strict about the pre-reqs. I wouldn't take the chance simply because there are so many people who apply to this school, it's just another quick way to weed people out. I have a lot of friends who had to take a few classes in the summer right before OSU started in order to attend. so if i were you i would do all that i could to fit the pre-reqs in. But it doesn't hurt to call and try to plead your case but i highly doubt they will even consider it. sorry!

Members don't see this ad :)
OSU is pretty strict about the pre-reqs. I wouldn't take the chance simply because there are so many people who apply to this school, it's just another quick way to weed people out. I have a lot of friends who had to take a few classes in the summer right before OSU started in order to attend. so if i were you i would do all that i could to fit the pre-reqs in. But it doesn't hurt to call and try to plead your case but i highly doubt they will even consider it. sorry!

I'm not going to have trouble finishing my prereqs. It's just that I'll only have 8 out of 13 done when I do my application.

You only have to get the pre-reqs completed by the time you enroll. Do not worry if you do not have them by time your app is processed or even at the time you interview, but make sure you tell them that you will complete the pre-reqs by the time dental school begins.

Do you have intimate knowledge of tOSU?

Because it specifically says on the website that they require 9 out of 13 prereqs done by application time. I'm just wondering how strict they are when it comes to that; i.e. will they throw out the application right away.

Well, I'm one of the admission ambassadors but I really can't speak for them. It would probably be best to call them at their office. I don't think it will be a problem, but I'll defer to them. Good luck.

I would just call and get a definitive answer, last thing you need is for your app to be held up.

DDS Admissions
Room 0114 Postle Hall
305 West 12th Ave.
P.O. Box 182357
Columbus, OH 43218-2357
614-292-3361

Update:

They will not review your application if you are even 1 course short at application time.

Sort of a bummer. I really liked that school.

Last edited:
Update:

They will not review your application if you are even 1 course short at application time.

Sort of a bummer. I really liked that school.

so figure out a way to finish one more prereq...