Ohio Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FishHick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
My status was just updated to Deferred. The status notes say: "Your application has been initially evaluated and placed on a deferred or alternate list. Notification of a decision will be sent at a later date."

Does this mean I am on the alternate list, or they havent decided yet if I am an alternate or totally rejected?:confused:

Thanks for any help!

FishHick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes I interviewed in December. I have found a couple explanations of it, but they are from other divisions of their school, and they dont seem to mean the same thing for each division....:confused: I cant find anything explaining "Deferred" on the CVM site.

I am really hoping I get in, I was very impressed with their school.:love:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ri23

OSU CVM Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help, but I really don't know anyone else that has been deferred. I am assuming that means they are going to be re-evaluating you when they finish interviews. What I think is confusing is that I know a lot of people who have interviewed (in December) and haven't heard a thing yet. Who have you talked to? You could try emailing Dr. Sanders to get more information. Good luck!

FishHick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I found out deferred = waitlisted. Anyone know the chances of getting in Ohio off the waitlist?

ri23

OSU CVM Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know they tell you your position on the waitlist when they send you the alternate letter. I know I've heard before, but I can't remember some of the numbers that have gotten in. I'll try to find out for you though.

FishHick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
That would be great ri23! Thanks!