Ohsu?

Started by psych2b
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

psych2b

ever hopeful
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't been able to find out the inside scoop on OHSU's psych residency. Have any of you interviewed there?
In particular, I was wondering about their psychotherapy training (from their website, it appears to be nil) and resident-friendliness (is the program kind to their residents)?

Thanks for any info...
 
I work in Oregon, close to OHSU, in a State Psych hospital as a Therapist where we have two new residents 3-4 times a year from OHSU's residency program.

The residents I have spoken with have ALL been the most friendly people i've come into contact with in my professional life. I have also been told that the Staff and other residents/med students..etc are the nicest people. One resident said this was the reason he chose OHSU over other programs.

As far as Psychotherapy goes, from my view a lot of the Residents from OHSU seem to be very intent on medications and maybe even over reliant. However, They are out everyday talking with their patients LOTS! Sorry I don't have any more info on the Psychotherapy aspect.