ok i figured i would ask this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IrishBOYMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok let me first start out by introducing myself, i am a 22 year old premed student that is just starting back up in school, I have no actual military experiance rather than 4 years of NJROTC way back in highschool where i graduated as a cadet 0-3 and the XO of the nations best Navy JROTC unit. while in the unit I was selected to attend the area 4 Leadership Academy at NETC Newport which is held for the top 1% of the nations cadets. I loved everything the service has to offer, yea i know sounds like blind obediance, and had plans on becoming a JAG officer later in life, well college happened and so did the parties and i ended up leaving school with a 1.4gpa. I have since more or less started a new life yet still have a love for the navy, i have become a EMT and love everything there is about medicine, i work in the ER @ UMass which is one of the top trauma centers in New England. I have since started college again and ended last semester with a 4.0gpa. All i want is to go to USUHS and go in to Navy EM. Do I have a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

IrishBOYMD said:
ok let me first start out by introducing myself, i am a 22 year old premed student that is just starting back up in school, I have no actual military experiance rather than 4 years of NJROTC way back in highschool where i graduated as a cadet 0-3 and the XO of the nations best Navy JROTC unit. while in the unit I was selected to attend the area 4 Leadership Academy at NETC Newport which is held for the top 1% of the nations cadets. I loved everything the service has to offer, yea i know sounds like blind obediance, and had plans on becoming a JAG officer later in life, well college happened and so did the parties and i ended up leaving school with a 1.4gpa. I have since more or less started a new life yet still have a love for the navy, i have become a EMT and love everything there is about medicine, i work in the ER @ UMass which is one of the top trauma centers in New England. I have since started college again and ended last semester with a 4.0gpa. All i want is to go to USUHS and go in to Navy EM. Do I have a chance?

Hi,

I think you definitely have a chance. You stumbled... so what? It seems that you were doing pretty well before college "happened." For now, keep up the grades, do well on the MCATs (>30P), get involved with your school, community, etc. Hopefully, that'll put you in a good position to show that you deserve to serve and represent this great country. You're young, do all you can to realize your potential. Good luck, fiat lux!

IrishBOYMD said:

In a word, yes. In fact - and this will make more sense in a few years - this "do-over" of yours will actually serve as great fodder for a personal statement on AMCAS and/or ERAS (the application systems for medical school and residency, respectively).

IrishBOYMD said:

yeah, work your butt off, you got a chance!