Ok now I have seen it all....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A link is circulating in LA about this fckmonkey Plastics dude advertising for a sex slave in exchange for his UCLA pad. This is how the reputation of the medical profession has evaporated.

Someone forwarded me this link which states:
I'm an attractive & fit 32 year old plastic surgeon who's opening up a new office in San Francisco, so I'll have my luxurious 3 bedroom condo (fully furnished, master bedroom with SPA, Cable, valet, cleaning service, etc) available for a hot female open-minded "Friend with Benefits". It's walking distance to UCLA, so it would be ideal for a student attending there.

I'll be spending half of the time in Westwood and San Francisco, so you'd have the place to yourself half of the time.

Let's meet for drinks and see if there's any chemistry between us to become "friends with benefits". Reply with a little about yourself, your current living situation, and pictures to jeffs90024 at hotmail. All replies without pictures will get Deleted. I'll of course reply with my picture as well since it's important that you find me attractive as well.

Members don't see this ad.

BAD, THAT'S A BAD KITTY (Eric Cartman hitting this plastics dude with a stick).

LADoc00 said:
A link is circulating in LA about this fckmonkey Plastics dude advertising for a sex slave in exchange for his UCLA pad. This is how the reputation of the medical profession has evaporated.

Someone forwarded me this link which states:

Sad...........

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah, that is totally sterotypical behavior for medical professionals. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Sad = someone actually replying seriously to that type of thing :thumbdown:

Happy = me going away now to go raid a near stranger's liquor cabinet :thumbup:

Cheers! :D

Reminds me of a friend who just put his profile up on Match.com this week. So at tonight's ultimate frisbee game, he tells me and a few teammates that he can't go out with us tonight because he is meeting some lady tonight. In addition, the dude is meeting 3 women this weekend. And I quote him, "I need a schedule planner now...what the hell have I been doing all this time...sittin' on my ass and getting no play! (for him, the well has been dry for the last several years)."

Wow, how the internet has revolutionized things...

Hey LADoc00...maybe this is what you need to do.

AndyMilonakis said:
Hey LADoc00...maybe this is what you need to do.

I know! What's the problem LADOC?

Well that kind of sounds like a plastics type. And was leaving the e-mail address intentional? Btw I too am kind of surprised that LADOC is frowning upon this.

Mrbojangles said:
Well that kind of sounds like a plastics type. And was leaving the e-mail address intentional? Btw I too am kind of surprised that LADOC is frowning upon this.

Im not frowning upon it in general, but I am frowning upon his lack of discretion and the fact its not that hard to really figure out who it is given the info.

Additionally, the whole thing smacks of a scam. 32 year old plastics guy? Umm last time I checked residency was at least 6 years, so assuming he went HS->4 year undergrad->4 year MD->3 year GS->3 year Plastics, he would be turning 32 and still in his last year of residency. He is likely totally full of **** and plastics people coming just out of training arent rolling that hard, it can take years for them to build a rep. I bet he is at least late 30s, likely divorced with a raging case of genital herpes and a hardcore "tina" habit.

LADoc00 said:
Im not frowning upon it in general, but I am frowning upon his lack of discretion and the fact its not that hard to really figure out who it is given the info.

Additionally, the whole thing smacks of a scam. 32 year old plastics guy? Umm last time I checked residency was at least 6 years, so assuming he went HS->4 year undergrad->4 year MD->3 year GS->3 year Plastics, he would be turning 32 and still in his last year of residency. He is likely totally full of **** and plastics people coming just out of training arent rolling that hard, it can take years for them to build a rep. I bet he is at least late 30s, likely divorced with a raging case of genital herpes and a hardcore "tina" habit.

he left his email right? i suggest mail bombing him with links to GMSGM ads...[gay male seeking gay male] -- not sure if that's the official acroynm, just sounded cool.

You know, LADoc00, the character in question could have skipped a few grades. Back when I started in 1998, one of my fellow MS-1's was 19 years old. So dial the clock down a few years and 32 seems possible.

When I first read that ad though, that "32" number did stick out to me. Made me raise an eyebrow for a bit. It's the way he says things after revealing his age that reeks of shenanigans.

AndyMilonakis said:
You know, LADoc00, the character in question could have skipped a few grades. Back when I started in 1998, one of my fellow MS-1's was 19 years old. So dial the clock down a few years and 32 seems possible.

Out of curiosity, what did the 19 year old end up going into? I'm guessing not family practice.

yaah said:
Out of curiosity, what did the 19 year old end up going into? I'm guessing not family practice.
Orthopedic surgery. The guy is a genius. Rumor is that he got the highest Step 1 score in the nation when we took it in 2000. Given how smart he is, he could be a totally arrogant person. But when you meet him, you will quickly realize that he is one of the nicest, most humble people you will ever meet. You have probably met him already.

I'm not dissing FP at all. I'm saying that someone who gets into med school at age 19 usually wouldn't choose FP because it wasn't "competitive" enough. The people in my med school who I would choose as my docs all went into FP, interestingly.

gungho said:
So what's up with the FP dis?
I didn't interpret this as a dis against FP. Me, yaah, and the person we're talking about are all here at UMich. There are not too many super-young residents here. I think yaah knows who I am talking about (this guy could have paid yaah a visit in the frozen room while yaah was on his surg path month) and this guy didn't go into FP.

yaah said:
I'm not dissing FP at all. I'm saying that someone who gets into med school at age 19 usually wouldn't choose FP because it wasn't "competitive" enough. The people in my med school who I would choose as my docs all went into FP, interestingly.
oh...nevermind my above post.

he's all yours gungho :laugh:

yaah said:

There was someone who started at my med school at something like 18 a number of years back. She started a neurology residency & then quit it to do family practice. While in residency, she also did a PhD.

yaah said:
Again, we need a "tongue-in-cheek" emoticon. I was only (mostly) kidding. As I sit moonlighting in an ER this weekend, I continue to be thankful I don't have to do this day in and day out anymore.
It's interesting as I sit in conferences/sign-outs and hear attendings/residents make comments about clinicians and am able to see both sides of the issues.
That is interesting about who your choice of doctor would be.

gungho said:
That is interesting about who your choice of doctor would be.

Yeah, I dunno whether it was because the ones who did were just older, or they were more mature, or what. But they were more than just medical knowledge.