OK the Freaking out Begins!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flycd05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What the hell is going on at admissions with my app????! I haven't gotten worried until I started reading threads about people getting feb and even MARCH interview invites already and i have yet to hear from any of the 12 remaining schools like nyu, bu, tufts, temple and all those big schools that i may have a shot with.

i have a 3.18 gpa and 21 dats...and submitted my app mid july. i got 3 rejections.

but point being...ive called a few months ago to make sure every school had all my stuff and they do...adsas just says "under review" for months now and i dunno what is going on - should i call them??? i dont wanna annoy them...im gonna do academic update when my grades for hte fall are released but should i be freaking out yet and looking for plan b now????

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
well congrats on the USC interview! some ppl still havent received any so you're better off than some applicants. honestly, a 3.18 GPA doesn't scream INTERVIEW ME. how exactly did your DAT get broken down? What's the AA, TS, PAT? anything particularly low or high? Have you done research? Any extracurriculars that set you apart? Decent amount of shadowing/ assisting?

well congrats on the USC interview! some ppl still havent received any so you're better off than some applicants. honestly, a 3.18 GPA doesn't scream INTERVIEW ME. how exactly did your DAT get broken down? What's the AA, TS, PAT? anything particularly low or high? Have you done research? Any extracurriculars that set you apart? Decent amount of shadowing/ assisting?

ive had a looooot of shadowing (~1000 hrs) and im a certified dental assistant and x-ray certified. i got a 21/21/20 dats with a 24 in chem and a 22 in orgo...umm, lets see after this acadmic update, my gpa should increase to roughly 3.25 and my science upto 3.05 (knock on wood) so hopefully that will helps schools like bu, nyu, tufts, and temple re-evaluate me???

Members don't see this ad :)
What the hell is going on at admissions with my app????! I haven't gotten worried until I started reading threads about people getting feb and even MARCH interview invites already and i have yet to hear from any of the 12 remaining schools like nyu, bu, tufts, temple and all those big schools that i may have a shot with.

i have a 3.18 gpa and 21 dats...and submitted my app mid july. i got 3 rejections.

but point being...ive called a few months ago to make sure every school had all my stuff and they do...adsas just says "under review" for months now and i dunno what is going on - should i call them??? i dont wanna annoy them...im gonna do academic update when my grades for hte fall are released but should i be freaking out yet and looking for plan b now????

How long after you were "under review" at USC did you hear?

I am FINALLY up on their USC website as underreview... its ben maybe 2-3 weeks I would think...

I hope I get one there!!! LUCKY! :):)

How long after you were "under review" at USC did you hear?

I am FINALLY up on their USC website as underreview... its ben maybe 2-3 weeks I would think...

I hope I get one there!!! LUCKY!

it was under review from about aug/sept to like mid nov...i would say give it more time.

congrats on the BU interview, i hope i get one there! im gonna throw the same question back at you...how long was it b4 bu notified u and what are ur stats if u dont mind sharing? good luckkk :)

it was under review from about aug/sept to like mid nov...i would say give it more time.

congrats on the BU interview, i hope i get one there! im gonna throw the same question back at you...how long was it b4 bu notified u and what are ur stats if u dont mind sharing? good luckkk :)

Dat 20/20/20... GPA both cum and sci around yours that you mentioned... 24 in RC 22 in orgo....

Got an email from BU saying my app was received (not complete) on oct 14th ( just checked the date in my email )..... Never heard a peep about it being complete or anything... nothing on AADSAS etiher... then got the interview on Dec 10th.

So I guess hearing NOTHING is better than something bad! Good luck! I finally was complete at NYU this past week. Heard nothing from Tufts except them asking for a fee (which I submitted and they cashed)... :thumbdown: ha!

I hope to hear from USC... I hope its not too late!

ive had a looooot of shadowing (~1000 hrs) and im a certified dental assistant and x-ray certified. i got a 21/21/20 dats with a 24 in chem and a 22 in orgo...umm, lets see after this acadmic update, my gpa should increase to roughly 3.25 and my science upto 3.05 (knock on wood) so hopefully that will helps schools like bu, nyu, tufts, and temple re-evaluate me???

Well did you have like a 16 in any section? cuz if you did that would be the reason. Also your GPA is pretty weak, however, its pretty on target for NYU so unless you totally bombed a section on the DATs you should be fine.

Also when was your app officially submitted? If it was later than october that can also be the reason

When did you take your DAT?

Regardless of when you app was turned in most schools wont begin reviewing you yet and you may have been moved to the bottom of the pile...just a thought

Remember also that the schools you are talking about, BU, Tufts, NYU...receive a significantly greater amount of applications than most schools so if you were near the bottom of the stack then they simply may not have reviewed you yet.

Also, as previously mentioned, your GPA is on the low side (as is mine), but don't lose hope. Plenty of people get accepted well into spring.

good luck.

When did you take your DAT?

Regardless of when you app was turned in most schools wont begin reviewing you yet and you may have been moved to the bottom of the pile...just a thought

Remember also that the schools you are talking about, BU, Tufts, NYU...receive a significantly greater amount of applications than most schools so if you were near the bottom of the stack then they simply may not have reviewed you yet.

Also, as previously mentioned, your GPA is on the low side (as is mine), but don't lose hope. Plenty of people get accepted well into spring.

good luck.

Define your attitude:

dude, try a 3.4 and hearing nothing and no don't say its my 16 QR, still a good AA!

dude, try a 3.4 and hearing nothing and no don't say its my 16 QR, still a good AA!

I agree it's a good AA. Certainly better than mine. But I think there is a section by section cut off score for most schools though. And I think a 16 is right on that line.

I know for a fact that NYU wants you to call them as it shows interest in their school, they like it so much they log it each time you call and if you are on the chopping block your interest in the school may play to your advantage.

I know for a fact that NYU wants you to call them as it shows interest in their school, they like it so much they log it each time you call and if you are on the chopping block your interest in the school may play to your advantage.

Im sorry, but I highly doubt that the adcom considers "the amount of times you call them" to be a dealbreaker.

If that was the case, then I'd be calling them hourly like an automated telemarketer with short term memory.

Hey I heard it from the horse's mouth believe me if you want, but a few calls their way won't hurt you.

I havent heard from a bunch of schools including USC where someone said you have an interview

no i havent had any bad scores since all of mine are 19 or above. my app was complete with dats and all by early august...soooo i'm getting nervous, i called a bunch of schools today including nyu - they do note down ur name and put in their system.

4.01 gpa - 19-19-21 dat - zero interviews !!! :(

Its actually the exact opposite, they log every call and the more calls you make the more annoyed they get and the more they ignore your application. They absolutely hate it when somone calls them alot and there is no way that it can benifit your application. This is exactly what my interviewer told me.

Its actually the exact opposite, they log every call and the more calls you make the more annoyed they get and the more they ignore your application. They absolutely hate it when somone calls them alot and there is no way that it can benifit your application. This is exactly what my interviewer told me.

Well then Klutzy we were told conflicting information :cool:

Jake8 and Klutzy, I think the both of you are correct to an extent in your own way. Jake you are probably right that calling is a way of showing interest and to make it look like you care to know that they have recieved everything. Klutzy you are probably right as well in that you want to keep the people at the front desk on your good side and only call with real questions and not too often. There probably is no real relavance though because I doubt they put much emphasis on phone calls when it comes to selecting someone to be a future health care professional.