OK to contact programs? Late submitting ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ILoveRashesYall

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN, I am applying for IM prelim and TY programs. My spouse was just offered a great promotion that involves moving to Boston. This wasn't exactly expected so I only applied to one or two in the Boston area initially, but today submitted my application to pretty much every IM prelim and TY spot within ~30 minutes of Boston. My question is, should I contact programs to let them know why I submitted so late? I'm very motivated to get a spot in Boston, I don't want programs to overlook me or think I'm lazy or disinterested. I also don't want to come on too strong and piss off program directors/coordinators.

If this information is helpful, I'm applying from a mid-tier school with pretty good (but not ridiculous) grades and scores, with good research experience and strong letters.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

No, I wouldn't contact them at least not yet - it's not really all that late to be completely honest.

If you find yourself later on with minimal interviews in that area by early to mid November, you can call a couple programs expressing interest... but it is too early for this IMO