OK TO START APPLYING?

Started by Mxt1990
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mxt1990

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, so please let me know if these stats are good enough to start applying or should I hold off and retake the PCAT and then apply..

My top choices are NSU and LECOM.

GPA 3.2
PCAT 64%
Shadowed at pharmacists. Good rec letters .

Thanks guys!
 
Because your GPA is not as competitive, I suggest to take the PCAT again. A high PCAT score can definitely compensate for a low GPA, but not the other way around. I think their average GPA is around 3.5.
 
Hey guys, so please let me know if these stats are good enough to start applying or should I hold off and retake the PCAT and then apply..

My top choices are NSU and LECOM.

GPA 3.2
PCAT 64%
Shadowed at pharmacists. Good rec letters .

Thanks guys!
I would retake it, you dont want to waste money going through the application process and not get accepted when you still have time to retake the PCAT. E-mail your desired school with your stats also and see what they say. How did you shadow a pharmacist? I need a letter from a pharmacist in short notice but Im not a tech.
 
I would retake it, you dont want to waste money going through the application process and not get accepted when you still have time to retake the PCAT. E-mail your desired school with your stats also and see what they say. How did you shadow a pharmacist? I need a letter from a pharmacist in short notice but Im not a tech.
Thanks! I think I will retake it in October. Can't hurt.

There are a lot of privately owned pharmacies are around me , so I shadowed with a few. Just go around and ask! They're usually really nice about it