Okami WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

potentialsheltervet

UMN c/o 2027
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ah... Amaterasu. Origin of all that is good and mother to us all...

In Kamiki Village, all appears to be peaceful. Villagers grow rice, dry laundry in the sunshine, and sip sake comfortably. Cherry blossoms drift in the breeze, their sweet scent seeming to bolster the tranquility each villager feels. Nothing could disrupt their newfound harmony. It is all thanks to the mysterious white wolf, who came down from the mountains to help them with menial tasks and then, in their darkest hour, rid them of the most dreaded eight headed serpent. That strange wolf, who seems to portend miracles and good fortune and almost seems to leave the fresh scent of flowers in its wake. Thanks to her, Kamiki and its surrounding regions are safe. The warrior Susano helps Kushi harvest her rice. She smiles and gazes at him adoringly while they mill about. But despite the serenity of the scene, Susano suddenly feels a chill run down his spine. When he glances at the sky, the sun's rays seem to shine less luminously than usual, and if he squints, he can almost make out a strange constellation in the sky. Looking at it too long makes his hair stand on end. He shakes his head and looks toward the coast. Fido, what are you getting yourself into this time?
Amaterasu stands at the crest of Oni Island. She's spent the night conquering minor demons, but she knows this is the true summit, the confrontation she's been building to. The dark energy in the air seems to drain her strength, wrapping its villainous tendrils around her soul and wrenching it out piece by piece. Though she can't see her foe, she senses its vile presence. She tenses her muscles and lets out a long howl, clearing the skies with her song. She scouts the sky and notices a new shape, made from red-tinged stars and pulsating with evil. Letting loose a low growl and drawing her Celestial Brush, she prepares for battle. Surely not even the greatest evil could stand a chance against the Sun Goddess Amaterasu and her Celestial Brush techniques.
The fox watches as Amaterasu steels herself, then lets out a low chuckle. Amaterasu may fancy herself a goddess, but she knows nothing of struggles, of earning strength through trials and sacrifice. She knows not what it means to build yourself up from nothing, to fight tooth and nail for your own godhood. She knows nothing of the Dark Lord's power, nor of the secrets he'd revealed.
The old fox smiles, its nine tails unfurling slowly. She may think herself a god, but Ninetails plans to show her how fallible she truly is.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Rules
1. Remember this is a game and is meant to be fun. We will not tolerate personal attacks against other players. Think before you post. Things can get heated, but keep it to accusations and rebuttals about this game. Remember you are welcome to pause and take a breath before responding. The Great Goddess Amaterasu encourages kindness and purity.
2. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread and mod-sanctioned PMs.
3. Place votes in bold or ####between numerous octothorpes#### using the terms "vote" or "yeet". If you have already placed a vote, you must unvote to place a new one. "No vote" is not an option.
4. Participation requirements are in place. You must vote and make at least 10 posts each day cycle. There is no upper post limit.
5. Subs are available for extenuating life circumstances only, not to replace ghosty players. If you require a sub, please contact the mods directly. Do not post about it on the thread.
6. Dead players should post in ******stars****** and keep commentary to a minimum. Also, mind your reactions to posts.
7. Direct quoting or copy/pasting of PMs is not allowed. Screenshots are not allowed. Fake copy/pasting, quoting, and screenshots are not allowed either.
8. You may edit posts, but do not delete them, and do not edit yeet votes.
9. Do not discuss or share your night results before the writeup is posted. However, you are free to continue to strategize between vote close and writeup.
10. Gifs are welcome but should be hidden in spoiler tags for ease of thread loading.
11. This is a mountainous game; there are no PRs. Everyone is vanilla.

• Care
Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The game begins now. The battle between Amaterasu and Ninetails will decide the fate of Nippon, and all who reside within it.
Good luck, and have fun!
amaterasu-okami.gif

Table Of Contents
Day One Final Tally: Zenge, a villager, dies
Night One: Dubz, a villager, dies
Day Two Final Tally: WorthlessOxygen, a wolf, dies
Night Two: samac, a villager, dies
Current Tally

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
FIRST!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
@WildZoo you think Sporty will yeet you or me first?

• Hmm
I had been playing dnd, logged on and saw there was a game thread and thought I was going to be way behind.
This is a pleasant surprise. Now I can start early thread bloat to make Sportsport a happy camper

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Oh also I’m on margarita number 3 with dnd
Wheeeeeeeee

• Angry
  • Love
Members don't see this ad :)
It is the Pokémon! With hats on its tails.
EC6F709A-38B7-4FA6-ABF3-D13E2E72B2B2.jpeg

I obviously know anything about this game.

Ok I’ll stop now.

• Haha
  • Wow
PSV cheated. Mods don’t get first!
Thank you. ❤️

(Swear to god you’d better not be trying to pocket me)

• Hmm
  • Wow
Why Fluff?

Why True?

Why are y’all yeeting my good eggs? 🥺
WHY?!
WHO BRAGGED ABOUT KILLING ME N1 ZENGES
WHO ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN?!

Your good eggs are floating on the water now.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Day 1: May the Fresh Scent of Flowers Protect You Always Tally
fluff (1): samac
True (1): Dubz

Voting: 2/12
Vote close Thursday, 8/18 at 10 p.m. EST (~48 hours)

ammy.gif

That was my joke
On a deep deep level because the only way I know if an egg is good or bad is to put them in water.
I got it. Dubz isn’t the right audience cough-microwaves her eggs-cough

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Samaaaac ❤️ You have my full attention I was just reading backwards again
Good for a minute there I thought you were trying to avoid being in the first 5 posters.
Welcome to the club bb

• Haha
  • Love
For one, I missed that post. And two, I just didn't know that was a thing. It's not like I exclusively microwave eggs :rolleyes:
You can also crack them open and see if the yolk breaks apart!
But on another note, am I a good egg now @Zenge142 eh??

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
I had been playing dnd, logged on and saw there was a game thread and thought I was going to be way behind.
This is a pleasant surprise. Now I can start early thread bloat to make Sportsport a happy camper
samac I signed up for this game to be nice to PSV, don’t make me angry

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just going with first instinct yeet zenge b/c thay jumped in questioning the other yeets and defending “good eggs,” which seems like a way of just proactively pocketing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Wow
  • Angry
Just going with first instinct yeet zenge b/c thay jumped in questioning the other yeets and defending “good eggs,” which seems like a way of just proactively pocketing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Watch those shrugs, son.

• Haha
What’s wrong with shrugs??
Giraffe Idk GIF by TV Store Online

• Hmm
Zuri pls. I asked questions to find out about their thought process and evaluate.

The good eggs thing is a joke. Mostly.

Reactions: 1 user