PCR

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I had a question for the second or third time OKAP takers? Do you think the test this year was tougher that usual or not?

I found the questions tough.

bucknut101

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
I had a question for the second or third time OKAP takers? Do you think the test this year was tougher that usual or not?

This was my second time around taking the test. And I thought the test was tough this year. In fact I felt it was just as tough as last year despite the fact I was much more prepared and knew a lot more this time.

I do remember that a lot of our third years thought last years test was easy compared to previous ones. So maybe this years was a hard test.

OP
P

PCR

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Does anyone know by when to expect the OKAP results?

Mirror Form

Thyroid Storm
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Is it me, or have the first 5 to 10 questions been extremely hard the past couple years? Do they always try and demoralize you right at the very beginning?

Mirror Form

Thyroid Storm
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician

It might be b/c you knew what you didn't know this year, whereas last year you might not have realized how nitpicky some of the questions are. Also, as a first year taking the exam, it's easy to shrug off guessing on tons and tons of questions. As a second year that is concerning, but it's probably what everyone else was doing too.

Mirror Form

Thyroid Storm
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Does anyone know by when to expect the OKAP results?
I'm wondering the same thing. It's great to get the test over with, but it'll be even nicer to find out that i didn't bomb it (hopefully).

speyeder

Attending
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
Is it me, or have the first 5 to 10 questions been extremely hard the past couple years? Do they always try and demoralize you right at the very beginning?

No it's not you. I also thought the first 10 questions were tough & I also thought they were trying to rattle us by purposely making the beginning of the test difficult.

rubensan

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
Pasadena, CA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
and for some reason, the optics questions are never easy. sometimes i find myself crunching numbers unti i arrive at any value that is actually a choice!

No it's not you. I also thought the first 10 questions were tough & I also thought they were trying to rattle us by purposely making the beginning of the test difficult.