Oklahoma MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oversea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I plan to take OKLAHOMA MPJE in June. Can someone show me what material you use to study for Oklahoma MPJE? I’m from Texas and not so familiar with Oklahoma MPJE. Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am licensed to practice in 15 states (due to work requirement) including OK. I took pen-and-paper tests in TX and FL years ago, with another 12 states by MPJE in the last couple of years. Most states are still skewed to retail, so real life work in that arena is helpful. I have experience across retail, nursing home, hospital/sterile products but I have a study set of questions (I don't take time off work to study) that hasn't filed me thus far. My record was registering with the NABP on the 2nd, registering for the MPJE on the 4th, taking the test on the 6th, and receiving my results on the 9th of the same month. This is my minimum study set. I always read through the state's entire laws and rules if time permits.

1. Most MPJE is heavy on federal law, and you need to know where state law differs. Know the Federal Pharmacy Law review by Reiss & Hall backward, forward, and sideways. Yes, the federal law has changed regarding CII partial fills, but state laws generally haven't caught up, and if you had that ONE question that made you get a 74 instead of a 76, you could always ask for a hand grade.
2. Know the composition of the state board, the licensure term, internship hours required, and CE requirements.
3. Technicians: Know if tech needs to be registered, what the qualifications are, what the ratio is, and what duties techs can and cannot perform.
4. CS inventory requirements - does the state follow federal DEA rules, or more stringent
5. OTC sales of Ephedrine, PSE, Codeine/Opium. Allowed vs RX only? Federal limits or more stringent?
6. CS dispensing limits. Emergency rules.
8. Requirements of square footage? Counter space?
9. Transfers rules between pharmacy.
10. Rules for out of state and mid level practitioners.
11. Unprofessional conduct
12. What I like to call the "dead doctor" question. (some states allow prescriptions that are valid as written, when written, and where written to stand, while others make it against regulation to knowingly fill a script if the prescriber is dead)
13. Generally know your controlled substance classifications. Commonly prescribed CII substances, benzos are CIV, etc. Also know more common CI substances.
14. How long do you have to report change of address/employer/PIC
16. Generally know the content of USP 795, 797 (I live in USP 797 on a daily basis. I find that most states either ask several questions on sterile products, or NO questions on sterile products,) 800. Know that chapters above 999 are informative guidance.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 users
How
I am licensed to practice in 15 states (due to work requirement) including OK. I took pen-and-paper tests in TX and FL years ago, with another 12 states by MPJE in the last couple of years. Most states are still skewed to retail, so real life work in that arena is helpful. I have experience across retail, nursing home, hospital/sterile products but I have a study set of questions (I don't take time off work to study) that hasn't filed me thus far. My record was registering with the NABP on the 2nd, registering for the MPJE on the 4th, taking the test on the 6th, and receiving my results on the 9th of the same month. This is my minimum study set. I always read through the state's entire laws and rules if time permits.

1. Most MPJE is heavy on federal law, and you need to know where state law differs. Know the Federal Pharmacy Law review by Reiss & Hall backward, forward, and sideways. Yes, the federal law has changed regarding CII partial fills, but state laws generally haven't caught up, and if you had that ONE question that made you get a 74 instead of a 76, you could always ask for a hand grade.
2. Know the composition of the state board, the licensure term, internship hours required, and CE requirements.
3. Technicians: Know if tech needs to be registered, what the qualifications are, what the ratio is, and what duties techs can and cannot perform.
4. CS inventory requirements - does the state follow federal DEA rules, or more stringent
5. OTC sales of Ephedrine, PSE, Codeine/Opium. Allowed vs RX only? Federal limits or more stringent?
6. CS dispensing limits. Emergency rules.
8. Requirements of square footage? Counter space?
9. Transfers rules between pharmacy.
10. Rules for out of state and mid level practitioners.
11. Unprofessional conduct
12. What I like to call the "dead doctor" question. (some states allow prescriptions that are valid as written, when written, and where written to stand, while others make it against regulation to knowingly fill a script if the prescriber is dead)
13. Generally know your controlled substance classifications. Commonly prescribed CII substances, benzos are CIV, etc. Also know more common CI substances.
14. How long do you have to report change of address/employer/PIC
16. Generally know the content of USP 795, 797 (I live in USP 797 on a daily basis. I find that most states either ask several questions on sterile products, or NO questions on sterile products,) 800. Know that chapters above 999 are informative guidance.

Good luck
Thank you for the helpful information. How long did it take for your OKLAHOMA license to be posted on BOP after you passed NAPLEX/MPJE?

Members don't see this ad :)
How

Thank you for the helpful information. How long did it take for your OKLAHOMA license to be posted on BOP after you passed NAPLEX/MPJE?

Oklahoma requires an in-person interview for reciprocity. You must take and pass the MPJE within 90 days of being granted authorization to test, and go before the board for an interview within 90 days of passing the exam. You walk out of your board interview with you license number. They seem to have licensure interviews a couple of times a month.

Oklahoma requires an in-person interview for reciprocity. You must take and pass the MPJE within 90 days of being granted authorization to test, and go before the board for an interview within 90 days of passing the exam. You walk out of your board interview with you license number. They seem to have licensure interviews a couple of times a month.
Thank you. I’m getting OK license through score transfer. Was the interview hard?