Oklahoma questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hairybagel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have questions for those of you that are at Oklahoma. I just got accepted there and I am leaning towards going there. I was just wondering, what are the clinical requirements for graduation? As D3's and D4's how are you assigned patients? Are you assigned your own chairs or is it first come first serve? Are there enough simulators in the Sim lab for each person to have their own? I wanted to have these questions answered before I made a final decision about going there. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hairybagel said:
I have questions for those of you that are at Oklahoma. I just got accepted there and I am leaning towards going there. I was just wondering, what are the clinical requirements for graduation? As D3's and D4's how are you assigned patients? Are you assigned your own chairs or is it first come first serve? Are there enough simulators in the Sim lab for each person to have their own? I wanted to have these questions answered before I made a final decision about going there. Thanks.

Every department has its own requirements for graduation. You get assigned patients starting the end of first year/beginning of second year. You have a patient family and that consists of all patients assigned to you and those that you recruit personally (family, etc). Your class gets alloted time in certain clinics, it is then first come first serve among your class (so you usually get a chair). There are 60 simulators in the pre-clinic lab, plenty for each person to get one. Hope this helps!

Where else did you get accepted?
I am a current student at OU and willing to answer any questions. Please PM if interested.