Oklahoma Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catnips

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My husband is moving to Oklahoma this summer and will be working there for a year before applying to PhD programs. I will join him once I am done with college (this december)

Ok State told me that I will be considered a resident if live there by August 1st and I work there full time for a year before matriculation. This is not possible for me to do this year, but my husband will be doing exactly this. Will I then be considered a resident? I have read that Oklahoma State does have some rules where they consider you a resident if you are married to a resident. Has anyone done this before?
I will, of course, ask the school for more details but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with this? I feel like I am bothering Vet School admissions people way too often... :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I know if you marry a resident while in school you become a resident, but not sure how it would work if you are already married. Best to just ask Anna.

I know if you marry a resident while in school you become a resident, but not sure how it would work if you are already married. Best to just ask Anna.

Agree. I have a classmate who married a resident the summer before vet school started and she got instate tuition from the beginning. so it might work in your favor.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if it works if he is a resident before classes start but you aren't. No idea. Definitely better ask one of the admissions ladies - they know everything. :)

Thank you everyone for replies! I sent an email to registrar today, I'll email to admissions too if they don't reply. So far admissions people at Oklahoma have been extremely helpful to me and I didn't wanna overburden them with my questions lol but I will have to :D Thanks!

Thank you everyone for replies! I sent an email to registrar today, I'll email to admissions too if they don't reply. So far admissions people at Oklahoma have been extremely helpful to me and I didn't wanna overburden them with my questions lol but I will have to :D Thanks!
Robin is the best person in admissions to direct emails of this nature to. She helped me gain my residency. [email protected]