Oklahoma State 2026-2027 (c/o 2031 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Stillwater, OK Oklahoma State University Center for Veterinary Health Sciences Average GPAGPA 3.54 Average GREGRE 304 IS tuitionIS $16,586 OOS tuitionOOS $38,901 Application feeFee $50 OKSTATE-VET Details Interview Feedback

supershorty

Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine - Class of 2031 (2026-2027 Application Cycle)

Thread Purpose: This is the official discussion thread for applicants to Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine applying during the 2026-2027 admissions cycle (matriculating Class of 2031). Share interview invites, acceptances, waitlist updates, questions, and connect with fellow applicants.

Who Should Use This Thread:
  • Applicants to OSU for Fall 2027 matriculation
  • Current applicants seeking information about the admissions process
  • Current OSU CVM students or grads sharing their experiences and answering questions
Key Application Information:

🔗 Helpful Resources:

How to Use This Thread:
  • Post interview invites with date/time to help others track timeline
  • Share acceptance/waitlist/rejection updates
  • Ask questions!
  • Connect with fellow applicants

Thread Guidelines:
  • Be respectful and supportive
  • Verify all information with official school sources
  • Use search function before asking repeat questions
  • Celebrate acceptances, support those still waiting
Good luck to all applying!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine - Class of 2031 (2026-2027 Application Cycle)

Thread Purpose: This is the official discussion thread for applicants to Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine applying during the 2026-2027 admissions cycle (matriculating Class of 2031). Share interview invites, acceptances, waitlist updates, questions, and connect with fellow applicants.

Who Should Use This Thread:
  • Applicants to OSU for Fall 2027 matriculation
  • Current applicants seeking information about the admissions process
  • Current OSU CVM students or grads sharing their experiences and answering questions
Key Application Information:

🔗 Helpful Resources:

How to Use This Thread:
  • Post interview invites with date/time to help others track timeline
  • Share acceptance/waitlist/rejection updates
  • Ask questions!
  • Connect with fellow applicants

Thread Guidelines:
  • Be respectful and supportive
  • Verify all information with official school sources
  • Use search function before asking repeat questions
  • Celebrate acceptances, support those still waiting
Good luck to all applying!
Just popping in to say, shorty I’m quite impressed with your level of detail and organization of this thread!

Back in my day it started with a “hopefully nobody else has made this!” post by an applicant :oldman::laugh:
 
I am an early admission applicant, so I did not go through VMCAS. I was invited for an interview, and I was wondering if anyone else had been through an early applicant interview and could give some idea of what to expect. It is zoom and I was told it would be only about 20 minutes. How can a decision be made with an interview this short? Is this a courtesy interview with no expectation of acceptance? Or is it a confirmatory interview?
 
I did early admit, but it was 18 years ago when I went through that interview so I won’t pretend that my direct experience is still likely relevant. But in general, it’s very similar to the regular vet school interview, so I’d look at SDN and other resources for interview tips and example questions. 20 minutes is plenty long for an effective interview. If they didn’t find value in an interview they wouldn’t waste their time doing the . I mean OSU doesn’t even interview out of state vet school applicants (or at least hasn’t historically). They probably have ideas on applicants before the interview, but interviews can absolutely change things in either direction.