1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
  1. anycoloryoulike

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Anybody know anything about this program?
    Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AlconMD

AlconMD Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I would recommend reading the review at Scutwork.com. I did a month at Dean Mcgee and the review is fairly accurate. Also, check the faculty bios on the Dean McGee website and you'll know why they have earned the nickname "Bascom Palmer of the midwest".

Have fun :thumbup:

4. Visioncam

Visioncam Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

It's supposed to be fairly good. There are some warts but if these are mentioned then the warts and evil stuff in other programs should also be mentioned in order to have a balanced view and not a post bashing Oklahoma.

The funny thing is that Oklahoma doesn't have to insist that it's good, unlike lousy programs who make claims to being the best or nearly the best.

5. rubensan

rubensan Senior Member
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :thumbup: i interviewed there last year and was really impressed. i thought it was a good balance between faculty supervision and autonomy. their surgical numbers were solid. the residents were happy, many of them had families. the program director is a really genuine and nice guy. when you interivew, they make you stand up during grand rounds and introduce yourself...imagine telling a room full of sooners that i was from usc!