Old AAMC practice materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evoviiigsr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a booklet of AAMC questions from a while ago, from 1990. Do you think the content in it is indicative of the current MCAT? It seems to me that verbal would be around the same and the sciences easier?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a booklet of AAMC questions from a while ago, from 1990. Do you think the content in it is indicative of the current MCAT? It seems to me that verbal would be around the same and the sciences easier?

Any passage based practice is helpful. While the makeup of the sections and coverage of material has changed in more recently released AAMC tests, the overall quality of the passages has not changed significantly (again there are a few fluke AAMC sections out there, but most are ok). That said, the AAMC material presents not only good passage content and practice, but gives you a real opportunity to work through the section management techniques -which passages do you concentrate on, long ones or short ones, nat sci or humanities, ones with 6 questions or 9 questions, etc...

To hone in that passage management strategy, stick to using the AAMC practice tests (most recent iterations on e-mcat or in your prep course) for the 'big-picture' type practice, and use anything else you have from any other source for the content-critical thinking passage practice.