Old AMCAS available upon reapp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PepperMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm still holding out hope for this cycle, but I was wondering if previous AMCAS applications are available or if fields are repopulated with old data when one reapplies. I'm semi-nontrad with close to 200 credit hours and do not look forward to re-entering all of those classes again.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I'm still holding out hope for this cycle, but I was wondering if previous AMCAS applications are available or if fields are repopulated with old data when one reapplies. I'm semi-nontrad with close to 200 credit hours and do not look forward to re-entering all of those classes again.
It depends. If memory serves, when AMCAS changed from the old red look (2004 and before) to the blue format (2005), I had to re-enter everything. In the format change, AMCAS added a number of features which made it more usable, but not compatible with the old database. When I reapplied the third time (2006), I was able to carry my AMCAS class record forward. I still had to re-verify everything by submitting new transcripts.

I think AMCAS changes it ~5 years, so you should be good.

Yeah that sounds about right. It's not going to keep your essay's, but most of the boring stuff (schools, grades, personal info) stays in the system.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that sounds about right. It's not going to keep your essay's, but most of the boring stuff (schools, grades, personal info) stays in the system.

Crap, so me exporting the pdf document and saving it for later was useless. Why do things have to be so easy?