Sep 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys, I tried to find the answer to this but I don't know if anyone asked yet!

I'm currently using the old Kaplan book from 2013, and I was wondering if there is a new Kaplan book for the new PCAT this year? Would it be okay to use the older books? Did any of the material change? I know the types of bio/chem questions changed this year (more passage/research based) but does that mean I should buy a 2016 book to study or do you think this book from a few years ago will be okay.

Thanks!

Reactions: ceciij
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hey guys, I tried to find the answer to this but I don't know if anyone asked yet!

I'm currently using the old Kaplan book from 2013, and I was wondering if there is a new Kaplan book for the new PCAT this year? Would it be okay to use the older books? Did any of the material change? I know the types of bio/chem questions changed this year (more passage/research based) but does that mean I should buy a 2016 book to study or do you think this book from a few years ago will be okay.

Thanks!
They only added two chapters to the book. Both include some practice for the biol and chem passages. They were kind of difficult compared to the passages I actually got on test day. So I would say that you don't have to buy the new version, instead you should buy pearson practice tests or some book that includes biol or chem passages.

OP
chocolatetherapy
Sep 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Oh they added two chapters? Do you know what those chapters are? Yeah that's a good idea, I'll probably buy the pearson ones. thanks!