old pre-requisite

Started by Challenge
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Challenge

Full Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I applied DO school last year but dropped the application at the end because of a poor August MCAT score. I was so frustruated with my result that I took some time to go overseas traveling... But now I looked at the consequences, learned from them, and decided to use those lessons to make better decisions in the future. Rather than focusing on the pain of the MCAT experience, I have decided to continue to focus on my goal. I'm planning to retake the MCAT next April. (second time) However some of my pre-requisites are approx. 8-9 years old, though I've been out of school for only 2 years. I graduated from grad school 2 years ago but mostly I took graduate level biomedical science courses. Still, I'm slightly concerned about my old undergraduate pre-requisite. Do you think it's better to take these classes again while preparing for the April MCAT 06? or just prepare for the MCAT while working as a EMT or science teacher? I've been teaching /tutoring AP biology chemistry physics since graduate school so I don't think it necessary to refresh my memory by taking actual classes.
I just didn't think that it's really important to show the most recent courework (within a year) to ADCOM...
Any opinions?? I would appreciate!!