Old prerequisite courses expiring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BruinDentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started taking my prereqs during my undergrad freshman year back in Fall '99. Out of many of the dental school websites I looked at, only Loma Linda states that prereqs expire after 5 years. Is it safe to assume that the other schools I looked at (All Cali schools, NYU, Nova, Boston, Tufts, and Temple) don't have this restriction?

Members don't see this ad.

I started taking my prereqs during my undergrad freshman year back in Fall '99. Out of many of the dental school websites I looked at, only Loma Linda states that prereqs expire after 5 years. Is it safe to assume that the other schools I looked at (All Cali schools, NYU, Nova, Boston, Tufts, and Temple) don't have this restriction?

I'd call and ask. I know for most Vet Schools it was 7 years, and some had different requirements for different courses (one, I think wanted O Chem to be more recent). Good Luck!

you definitely want to call the schools individually. Each school has their own take on the matter. At any rate good luck to you in your endeavors.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just an update for those that might want an answer to this question.

Loma Linda, Tufts: No expiration, but recommended that they be reasonably recent.

USC: No expiration, but recommended that they be taken within 5 years of application.

Boston: No expiration at all.