Step I Older NBMEs or USMLERx?

Started by usmleswot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

usmleswot

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

Needed a bit of advice. I'm about 2 weeks out and a nervous wreck, naturally. I have 2 options, and I don't have the time to do both.

Background: Done with Kaplan, Pathoma x2, First Aidx3, Uworld first run (65% - not great I know. 🙁 ), and I'm working on the incorrects now.

Done 3 NBMEs, the last one I had a score of 237. Really want >245, so I'm really taking this down to the wire and I'm doubting if it's possible. The scores just aren't going up and it's a "Do I have the aptitude for this" situation going through my head.

Coming back to the point:
I've got 3 NBMEs (online) left, which I've scheduled in over the course of the next 2 weeks, but I'm just wondering what I should be doing otherwise.

I have a USMLERx subscription which I haven't used much so I can make 4 block self assessments from it and then there's the option of doing the offline NBMEs (1-6). So what do you think?

Any other advice you can give me would be great too.

Thanks! And good luck to everyone prepping!
 
I would not do the earlier offline NBMEs, they are no longer representative of the current USMLE questions and are therefore neither good predictors nor good practice problems. I would do the remaining NBMEs interspersed with a few blocks from Rx here and there and bone up on subject areas that are the weakest.
 
I would not do the earlier offline NBMEs, they are no longer representative of the current USMLE questions and are therefore neither good predictors nor good practice problems. I would do the remaining NBMEs interspersed with a few blocks from Rx here and there and bone up on subject areas that are the weakest.

Ok. Thank you!! 🙂