Older NBMEs or USMLERx?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmleswot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Needed a bit of advice. I'm about 2 weeks out and a nervous wreck, naturally. I have 2 options, and I don't have the time to do both.

Background: Done with Kaplan, Pathoma x2, First Aidx3, Uworld first run (65% - not great I know. :( ), and I'm working on the incorrects now.

Done 3 NBMEs, the last one I had a score of 237. Really want >245, so I'm really taking this down to the wire and I'm doubting if it's possible. The scores just aren't going up and it's a "Do I have the aptitude for this" situation going through my head.

Coming back to the point:
I've got 3 NBMEs (online) left, which I've scheduled in over the course of the next 2 weeks, but I'm just wondering what I should be doing otherwise.

I have a USMLERx subscription which I haven't used much so I can make 4 block self assessments from it and then there's the option of doing the offline NBMEs (1-6). So what do you think?

Any other advice you can give me would be great too.

Thanks! And good luck to everyone prepping!

Members don't see this ad.

I would not do the earlier offline NBMEs, they are no longer representative of the current USMLE questions and are therefore neither good predictors nor good practice problems. I would do the remaining NBMEs interspersed with a few blocks from Rx here and there and bone up on subject areas that are the weakest.

Reactions: 1 user
I would not do the earlier offline NBMEs, they are no longer representative of the current USMLE questions and are therefore neither good predictors nor good practice problems. I would do the remaining NBMEs interspersed with a few blocks from Rx here and there and bone up on subject areas that are the weakest.

Ok. Thank you!! :)