Omaha, NE or Greenville, SC

Started by medmom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medmom

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any information on the programs in Greenville, SC or Creighton and University of Nebraska in Omaha, NE? I am looking for a well rounded program that isn't to big and has a lot of camaraderie amongst their resident. So if you have any information on these 3 programs I would like to know the good, bad and ugly.
Medmom
 
I do not know much about those programs except that an attending at my school now used to work there and said that some of there residents had a hardtime matching to a fellowship because it was more a community based program rather than a university program. However, he felt they were all well qualified for the positions. Otherwise, I havent heard anything negative about it, so its probably worth checking out.

I see you are from Colorado on your status. Do you have any info on the University of Colorado ObGyn program. I have heard really good things.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am actually a D.O. so all I know about the Denver programs is that neither are really D.O. friendly. Exempla has a D.O. this year for the first time but they require the USMLE with a score over 210 I believe (I didn't take USMLE). The UofC program has never had a D.O.
I know that many many years ago the UofC program was very malignant. This is according to 2 docs that I know that went there. However, that was YEARS ago. Not sure if things have changed. Sorry, I can't be more helpful.
Medmom