omfs chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

garcia10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys....i just finished up my first semester of second year of dschool...just want to know if my credentials thus far are applicable for omfs.....gpa approx 3.75-3.8....around top 5 in class....big brother mentor, ada class rep, i hang out and observe in os department as much as i can, planning on doing externships in 3rd/4th year....going on a mission trip next year....and taking boards this summer..i will probably do a gpr/internship after dschool as well......any other recommendations would greatly help me out...thankss..

Members don't see this ad.

so far so good. i've seen people with much worse get into OMFS.

why r u planning on doing a GPR? if you keep this up, and do well on NBDE, you should get into OMFS on your first shot.

hey guys....i just finished up my first semester of second year of dschool...just want to know if my credentials thus far are applicable for omfs.....gpa approx 3.75-3.8....around top 5 in class....big brother mentor, ada class rep, i hang out and observe in os department as much as i can, planning on doing externships in 3rd/4th year....going on a mission trip next year....and taking boards this summer..i will probably do a gpr/internship after dschool as well......any other recommendations would greatly help me out...thankss..

i would like to stick around my school im at currently (wvu)....the omfs program here makes all its residents do some type of gpr/internship before getting into the program....well c though.....i got time to figure stuff out