OMFS & NBDE II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tony Parker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored a 92 on NBDE I, but on NBDE II I got a 84 (bad day I guess). I'm debating if I should study again and take part II again getting a higher score. I know if you apply for OMFS right out of school they don't even have these scores when they interview you and select their residents. What do you guys think I should do? Is part II going to be factored in alot that I should re-take the exam? Any comments would help, thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

Tony Parker said:
I scored a 92 on NBDE I, but on NBDE II I got a 84 (bad day I guess). I'm debating if I should study again and take part II again getting a higher score. I know if you apply for OMFS right out of school they don't even have these scores when they interview you and select their residents. What do you guys think I should do? Is part II going to be factored in alot that I should re-take the exam? Any comments would help, thanx.

The average for part 2 is 5 points lower.... No one really cares do an intern year and you will be in good shape.

Tony Parker said:

Look at the score conversion. I think an 84 is still like 88th percentile. I wouldn't retake it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got 82 on my part II, and i still miraculously made it into a program. :smuggrin:

part II doesn't mean ****...sorry, but i really think that's true. everyone and their mom knows that if you do well in dental school, do well on part 1, and are not a total douchebag, you are set. so i wouldn't worry.

Doggie said:
I got 82 on my part II, and i still miraculously made it into a program. :smuggrin:
...and it shows...

OWNED!!
[Link removed for TOS violation]

toofache32 said:
...and it shows...

OWNED!!
[Link removed for TOS violation]

Is that a cartoon depiction of you and your daughter? PWN3D :smuggrin:

Ooops I thought that was why they made it so we have to click the link to see the picture.

toofache32 said:
Ooops I thought that was why they made it so we have to click the link to see the picture.

PWN3D

omfsres said:
I also got an 84...that must be why they don't let me scale and root plane anymore...
Dude that avatar is sick. You really gotta remember to log off when your co-resident hoodlums are around.