OMFS Trauma in Private Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

senpai

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of arrangements/deals are you guys negotiating with hospitals for facial trauma in your area? I am finishing up at a program that is very trauma heavy and would like to do some when I am out, but am curious to know what the current climate is. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What kind of arrangements/deals are you guys negotiating with hospitals for facial trauma in your area? I am finishing up at a program that is very trauma heavy and would like to do some when I am out, but am curious to know what the current climate is. Thanks!
Haven't been on here in years. There are lots of options out there. I'm the director of facial trauma and reconstruction at my hospital. There are 4 of us that cover facial trauma. Myself and another OMS then two ENT's. There are also two PRS' that cover a little but very limited.

Send me a message and I'll give you my contact info and tell you some of the options I'm aware of.

On a side note, can't we all agree to call ourselves OMS and not OMFS? After all, it's AAOMS, JOMS, ABOMS, etc (none of them have an F)

Unfortunately some hospitals make it very inconvenient to take trauma call. JOMS did address this in an article several months back where it says it makes the hospital money, and is in their interest, but some hospital administration don't look at it that way.