1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Omg Omg Omg

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by purduephigam, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purduephigam

    purduephigam SuPurdueper Member
    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2006
    Messages:
    410
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Dental Student
    .



    I just got word that every single dental school is full (for the moment). What are the odds?


    ***Please think before discouraging others and proclaiming your newfound, so-called fact(s). I'm not sure what it really has to do with anything other than opening up a window for someone to say "Well my spot will open up!" I'm probably being bitter, but all this nonesense needs to stop. This forum is supposed to be constructive, let's keep it that way, eh?
     
  2. wizziefiend

    wizziefiend Guest

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2006
    Messages:
    380
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Dental Student
    you're a tool, what is the purpose of this thread.

    all the classes are not full by the way.
     
  3. 1992Corolla

    1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2005
    Messages:
    2,081
    Likes Received:
    6
    Status:
    Resident [Any Field]
    A sarcastic comment to combat an initial sarcastic post? Or bitter hatred towards an obviously un-serious thread?

    Dental schools don't fill up till the first day of class.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. fancymylotus

    fancymylotus A Whole New World
    Dentist 10+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2004
    Messages:
    36,046
    Likes Received:
    17,663
    i was seriously about to post a thread that read something like this..bahahahahahaha:laugh: :laugh:
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dental Dork 09

    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
    Messages:
    90
    Likes Received:
    0
    Stay in Canada and your $hity society
     
  6. fancymylotus

    fancymylotus A Whole New World
    Dentist 10+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2004
    Messages:
    36,046
    Likes Received:
    17,663
    I dont think he/she lives in Canada. Nice try though:idea:
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. prez_al

    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2006
    Messages:
    745
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Dental dork is what exactly he claims to be. Also, learn to spell. Good luck getting into dental school.
     
  8. kappa505

    kappa505 eres tu que mi odio
    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2005
    Messages:
    794
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Dental Student
    All I can say is wow (while laughing of course) those posts were hardcore. Maybe every school that the OP applied to was full and they know that because the schools sent them letters saying just that.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Canadians are Americans, but without the guns:D ehhh?
     
  10. Nomar

    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2006
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pre-Dental
    right.......
     
  11. kappa505

    kappa505 eres tu que mi odio
    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2005
    Messages:
    794
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Dental Student
    TPB, I cant get enough.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. AnonymousADCOM

    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2006
    Messages:
    389
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pre-Dental
    have you seen bowling for columbine? according to the documentary, i think percentage-wise, most other countries have more guns, including canada. correct me if i'm wrong.
     
  13. AnonymousADCOM

    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2006
    Messages:
    389
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pre-Dental
    i think he's from chicago. and don't be so mean. gosh. superiority complex....
     
  14. you're right, but I'm speaking on a political note
     
  15. OP
    OP
    purduephigam

    purduephigam SuPurdueper Member
    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2006
    Messages:
    410
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Dental Student
    No, yoooooouuu'rrrre the tool. Sorry, just trying to match your childish and ignorant post with an equivalent response.

    Wow, okay.....
     
  16. CSI Dentist

    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2006
    Messages:
    598
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    Non-Student
    Ahh Purdiephigam u are Canadian now, eh? hahahhahah
     
  17. t man

    t man Epoxi-Lips
    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2006
    Messages:
    999
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    Pre-Dental
    if you close the taco bell one, you should close this one. this is no more constructive, and a lot less funny.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. momof3

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2006
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Non-Student
    It seems like some people are forgetting already what it feels like to have no acceptance at all at this point. Making fun of the anxiety that those people have is neither constructive or helpful, and it most certainly is not funny. You don't have to read the posts you do not like. Give people a break, and if you don't have something nice to say to people, then just enjoy your own acceptance and leave people alone.
     
  19. t man

    t man Epoxi-Lips
    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2006
    Messages:
    999
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    Pre-Dental
    i don't have any acceptances. you may come down from your high horse now.

    and these "so-called facts" that are supposedly discouraging everyone, are written on stationary from the admissions offices of said schools. a statement liek "temple is full" is true, and if someone misconstrues that to mean "no one will be accepted anymore for the class of 2007 at temple not even from the waitlist" then that's their problem. maybe they should develop better analyzation skills. they might be able to use them in dental school. WE ARE LATE INTO THE CYCLE AT THIS POINT. "temple is full" is a useful thread for someone who hasn't had an interview or an interview invitation. do you think that person wants to remain in limbo when temple has already made a major decision regarding its applicant pool? don't equate constructive with positive news.

    what is really more insulting: saying that someone has no hope at getting into a certain school, or patronizing someone who no longer has a shot?

    so why would you close the taco thread, which is a SUBTLE attempt to point out how ridiculous know-it-alls who think their fellow applicants aren't intelligent enough to process information, and not this one which is in fact COMPLETELY USELESS AND NOT CONSTRUCTIVE AT ALL. PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE AND CANADA. GIVE ME A BREAK.

    EDIT: and don't think i'm arguing for the I AM FULL thread. i'm just saying these are equally ******ed, and if you close one, you should close the other so as to avoid sending mixed messages to members of this forum.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. OP
    OP
    purduephigam

    purduephigam SuPurdueper Member
    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2006
    Messages:
    410
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Dental Student
    You sound rediculous I hope you know that. Not to mention your bitterness and ignorance is readily portrayed in your response. The reason I created this thread was simply to to enlighten the accepted that there are people out there who are still hanging on.

    Who is someone to say there aren't any spots left for the moment, and potentially crush someone's dream? The truth may hurt, yes, but it does not need to be broadcasted on a forum with this high caliber and small percentage of the applicant pool.

    No one is on a high horse, no one is on a soapbox, no one is intending to make people feel bad. So before you blurt out harsh and unruley justifications, think before you act, or in your case don't act out at all. It is a simple message, not to be funny or witty, but to just to make people realize there are still people out there who are waiting for that acceptance and don't need to be involved in the politics of this cycle.

    EDIT: And for the record, I will be the first to apologize if this thread has offended anyone. Like I said it was not my intention whatsoever. It was more an act out for those people who were already accepted and (even if these people aren't, but) feel the need to broadcast the fact that a certain class is full. It's rediculous and absolutely unecessary.

     
  21. t man

    t man Epoxi-Lips
    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2006
    Messages:
    999
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    Pre-Dental
    i understand your original intentions and i respect them. i'm a realist, i don't agree with your stance, especially since your point isn't applicable to all students. i would want to hear if a school is full, and i don't think it's right to discourage peoplef rom posting such threads because they are afraid of ensuing ridicule, like your OP.

    how is that crushing someone's dream? is just an online post. isn't the school the one who crushed the dream by not accepting that person.

    i "acted out" for the reason listed above. i had a poitn to make as well. and if someone assumes that i've been accepted, and then assumes that i'm being a jerk without having all the facts they are "on a high horse." they are most certainly not the humble person they attempt to show they are.

    is that not sarcasm in your OP? is sarcasm not a for of wit?

    but whatever... i really just wanted to make a point, hopefully you all can see that. sorry if i came off as bitter.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  22. ItsGavinC

    Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2001
    Messages:
    11,750
    Likes Received:
    15
    Status:
    Dentist
    This thread is pointless and degrading. Closing.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page