Omg please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mellobunnie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard a word from my professor who's currently in India about my 1 remaining eLOR since Sept 11. He hasn't replied to any of my emails since then and his status is still showing as incomplete which means he hasn't even logged into the system...One day left!! I'm absolutely freaking out I think I'm gonna cry~ What can I do??? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

hey sorry to hear about your situation!

if i remember correctly - i think i've gotten an email last year that they've extended the deadline for elors to be submitted past oct 1st.... i think until Nov. 1st. - i would contact VMCAS... since i don't know if this is true for this year. i hope i haven't given you false hope...

it'll work out in the end.. :luck:

I don't know if this is at all possible, but is there anyone who would be willing to do a last minute letter for you? That way you would still have 3 letters even if the professor does the unthinkable. If the professor pulls through you would then have an extra one. I know I gave that some thought as I have a LOR who is procrastinating.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to hear that, but don't freak out yet because you still have time. You should think hard if there is anyone who can do it at the last minute. I guess it doesn't need to be somebody who knows you extremely well anymore, as long as you get your applications out. Don't give up on your part, Good luck!!! :thumbup:

oops, I meant to say 'not received by" rather than incomplete.
Anyhow, it doesn't matter anymore cuz lo and behold the guy sent me an email this morning. Rather than feeling happy and relieved, I found my emotions shifting from fear to rage.
This guy says in his email that he apologizes for waiting till the last day but said that "most students are not so serious so I always wait till the last possible day."
Is this guy f**king serious?? Is he playing games over here with my career? What the s**t is this? I am so PO'ed...but glad it's over...

Hello,

I wanted to thank you all for your supportive responses and positive attitude during this stressful weekend. I know that in my last post, I was a wee bit irate, but I was extremely disappointed with the person who I had asked for an evaluation. I think it was extremely cruel to not respond to emails and to intentionally wait for the last possible day to submit. I don't understand what was going through his mind...but I wish you all the best of luck in gaining acceptance to the school(s) of your choice.

Yeah, one of my evaluators pulled the same type of thing, only she actually submitted a few days ago. But all attempts to contact her by phone or e-mail were futile, never even texted me back when I said thank you for submitting it. I know she just moved to a new place and is busy but I thought we were friends too. :(

I think it was extremely cruel to not respond to emails and to intentionally wait for the last possible day to submit.

Definitely cruel....it's amazing how people can be. I volunteered with my biochem professor last year and spent a day each week for the entire school year helping him out in his lab to "earn" a recommendation. I did well in his class and he promised he'd write a recommendation. Up until June, he always responded saying no problem on the evaluation. When I finally sent him the request via elor, he never responded. I sent a follow-up email saying the request had been sent, no answer...he never logged onto elor as the status never changed. Throughout the summer I emailed and called. Once the semester started, I went to his office but he was never there, though I know he was actually in. I tried to go to his class once, but he was late and I had to go to my own class. In the end, i never heard from him again and had to request an evaluation from a professor who didn't know me all that well. Cruel!

That is indeed cruel...
I don't understand it at all. I mean I'm assuming they had to go through the same process getting into grad school...talk about abusing their power~