USMLE/COMLEX OMM Addition from Doctors In Training - Raffle and Product Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorsInTraining

USMLE/COMLEX Reviews
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Exclusive SDN Test Prep Week 2011 giveaway from Doctors In Training:

3 SDN members will receive an OMM Addition for FREE! :soexcited:

The OMM Addition follows OMT Review, 3rd Ed. by Robert Savarese, DO., was designed for osteopathic students and is the perfect companion to both Step 1 and Step 2 CK Doctors In Training Review Courses.

The course consists of 18 half-hour lectures filled with high-yield OMM material, COMLEX-style review, and technique demonstration. Students have one week of access and can select a start date that is convenient.

For additional product information visit:
http://www.doctorsintraining.com/comlex-omm

Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've been asking around and getting mixed results from fellow students, so I'll go to the DIT guys for help answering this. I haven't yet purchased Savarese and am curious if it is the best review book for the OMM portion of the COMLEX. Are there other options out there that people have found to be focused enough on the topics the COMLEX covers? I am aware DIT bases their lessons on Savarese, but the reps have always been willing to discuss alternate materials that are out there and theirs pros/cons.

Personally I am budgeting very little time between the USMLE and the COMLEX. While I am enrolled in a COMLEX prep program, I want to make sure I have some sort of quick crash course I can use over the course of 4 days to make sure I have the OMM portion down as I transition from USMLE to COMLEX and I was curious if Savarese is condensed and high yeild enough to cover it all realistically in 4 days.

Personally I am budgeting very little time between the USMLE and the COMLEX. While I am enrolled in a COMLEX prep program, I want to make sure I have some sort of quick crash course I can use over the course of 4 days to make sure I have the OMM portion down as I transition from USMLE to COMLEX and I was curious if Savarese is condensed and high yeild enough to cover it all realistically in 4 days.

I'm in the same boat. Everyone at my school highly recommends the Savarese to study between the USMLE and the COMLEX, and possibly a COMLEX qbank to get used to the different question styles. Even though the Savarese hasn't been updated in awhile apparently everything in the book is still high yield, including the questions at the end of each chapter.

A question to the DIT staff: I haven't bought the DIT lectures (and not sure if I will since my school offers other review resources)- will I be able to use these OMM lectures as a stand alone series or do I have to purchase DIT to use the OMM lectures?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello and thank you both for your interests!

• We feel very strongly that Savarese is the best resource out there! All of the other OMM review books leave too many gaps.
  • You can purchase this product as a stand-alone product or bundled with Step 1 or Step 2 CK.
  • Our OMM addition will help you power review OMT Review in 9 hours.
For additional product information please visit:
http://www.doctorsintraining.com/comlex-omm

Doctors In Training

Hello Doctors In Training,

Is there a preview of the OMM videos that we can watch before we purchase the course?

Thanks! :)

From what I've heard Savarese is the best option for not only studying in class for OMM but also for COMLEX. This has been suggested to my class by not only upperclassmen but also professors who write for COMLEX.

Hi!!

A preview of OMM is currently in the works. I will post a link to the promo video for all to access as soon as it is complete! Thanks again for your interest! :cool:

Do the OMM videos just read thru Savarese? or is there additional information added?

I used DIT for step I and found it very helpful! I'm glad to see you're adding an OMT component! Yey! :thumbup:

I am currently doing DIT and i am very pleased to know that you have added OMM to your program. Really hope to win and and ace comlex with your help, DIT!

Just out of curiousity, are the OMM videos going to be narrated by the same person that does all the DIT videos?

:: Please don't enter me into a raffle for this, since this is designed for step 1 or 2, I only need step 3 stuff ::

This is a great idea. The main reason I did not purchase DIT in the first place was the lack of OMM didactics. I'm really happy to see that you guys are making more products for the DO students! I'm excited to learn more about this.

Hi DIT,

I already have the main DIT program and was wondering if you had any advice as to when to incorporate the OMT add on, if I decided to do so. Should I do the lectures along with the others, or just add an extra week to studying at the end and devote that to OMT?

Also, will there be any practice questions like the ones that are emailed out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

There will not be any study questions in conjunction with the OMM Addition. However, there are several questions in the back of OMT Review, 3rd Ed. by Robert Savarese that we will walk you through. One of the biggest concerns with that publication is that the answers provided are not enough. Doctors In Training will fill in those gaps and thoroughly explain the best answers!

As far as when to take this course, we recommend that student start this course 7 days prior to their test date. If you have any additional questions on how to incorporate this in your DIT Study Plan (available only for students who have signed up for Step 1 or 2 CK), please visit www.doctorsintraining.com and chat with one of our dedicated student advisors.

Good luck to everyone that has posted a comment in this thread. You are eligible to win one of the 3 FREE courses! SDN will be selecting the winners at random and we will be contacting you with information on how to access your prize!!! :luck:

DIT, Is there an additional book as in the DIT Step 1 package?

Hi!!

A preview of OMM is currently in the works. I will post a link to the promo video for all to access as soon as it is complete! Thanks again for your interest! :cool:

OMM preview video is EXACTLY what I've been looking for.

Do you have DO's lecture? or is it mostly based out of the Savarese Book.

I agree, Savarese is the way to go, but it's so nice to have a quick video reference to diagnosis/techniques and even visualization for the COMLEX

Thanks DIT
Be Awesome!

I am currently doing DIT and i am very pleased to know that you have added OMM to your program. Really hope to win and and ace comlex with your help, DIT!

I'm a fellow Current DIT'er and REALLY love the biweekly questions. They're a friendly reminder about that dang test we all get to take this summer, and I've had numerous times where my DIT biweekly questions actually answered my Course Exam questions

Thanks

I wish I had heard about this product for step 1. I think it will help for both step 2 PE and written exam

As promised, here is a link to the OMM preview:

http://www.doctorsintraining.com/ommfb20

Enjoy!

Wait! You have MD's showing the techniques and D.O's consulting? something is not adding up. I'm not sure who is in charge of marketing at DIT but I smell something fishy. Please don't cheat students just because you guys don't want to pay D.O's that are expert in their fields of OMT. it's insulting for me to hear you tell us that you have fellows consulting with your training staff. Poor foresight... This is going to be a fail project from my standpoint. wise up and wise up quick. I'm 100% sure you will not get my business. :thumbdown:

I've been asking around and getting mixed results from fellow students, so I'll go to the DIT guys for help answering this. I haven't yet purchased Savarese and am curious if it is the best review book for the OMM portion of the COMLEX. Are there other options out there that people have found to be focused enough on the topics the COMLEX covers? I am aware DIT bases their lessons on Savarese, but the reps have always been willing to discuss alternate materials that are out there and theirs pros/cons.

I just spoke to a friend that flatly told me not to bother with DIT OMM edition... not worth it...the MD don't have a clue about anything OMT related....my two cents.....

hi i am interested, have you guys had a raffle yet? please put me down for it. i think it'd be a great addition to studying for comlex..

Wait! You have MD's showing the techniques and D.O's consulting? something is not adding up. I'm not sure who is in charge of marketing at DIT but I smell something fishy. Please don't cheat students just because you guys don't want to pay D.O's that are expert in their fields of OMT. it's insulting for me to hear you tell us that you have fellows consulting with your training staff. Poor foresight... This is going to be a fail project from my standpoint. wise up and wise up quick. I'm 100% sure you will not get my business. :thumbdown:

.Hi KingSelemoDO,.

.We chose the Savarese OMT Review as the basic text for the OMM course based on input from osteopathic students who recommended Savarese as one of the most respected and widely-used OMT review books in circulation. Just as First Aid is considered the highest yield resource for COMLEX Level 1 and USMLE Step 1 prep, Saverese is considered the go-to review book for the OMM portion of COMLEX. One common complaint we heard from osteopathic students was that while Saverese is an excellent review, the explanations to the review questions are poor. To remedy this, John Colston gives thorough explanations/answers to Saverese’s questions in the Doctors In Training OMM review..
. .
.Also, let me assure you that no MDs were involved in the development or teaching of the OMM course. John Colston who was highlighted in the video link referenced above is an OMM Fellow and the sole lecturer for the OMM course. We consulted several DOs in addition to 4th year osteopathic students, all of whom agreed that the lectures were both accurate in their content and helpful in their teaching style. .
. .
.The course launched a week ago, and the initial feedback we have received is positive..

.I hope you found this helpful. Let us know if we can answer any additional questions..

Hi, I would like to sign up for the raffle! please let me know if it is still on.
Thank you!!! I trust DIT. I think Savarese is the way to go. Please sign me up for the raffle!

Can anyone recommend this program that used it?

I loved DIT for FA. I know he's basically reading FA to me, but that works since i tend to remember more when its auditory

Status
Not open for further replies.