OMM insurance reimbursements (medicare, medicaid, medi-CAL)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent3563

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I know FM provides ample oppurtunity to do OMM, I was just wondering how reimbursements for OMM work, specifically in California. How does medicaid or medicare reimburse for OMM (or do the programs re-imburse at all for OMM)? Can a doctor charge extra for OMM treatment under those programs?

And how about Medi-cal (the California insurance program, since I'm interested in doing FM in California)?

Just wondering, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Finding the specific PDF file for CA Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement is a trick to find online. I have one for a particular region of TX. Anyway there are 5 codes specifically for Osteopathic manipulation. Each with a different fee schedule ranging from ~$19-$44. Then there is a code for spinal manipulation ~$94 and hip manipulation ~$120. The last two are listed under surgery, odd.

Fee Schedule

medstudent3563 said:
Hi,

I know FM provides ample oppurtunity to do OMM, I was just wondering how reimbursements for OMM work, specifically in California. How does medicaid or medicare reimburse for OMM (or do the programs re-imburse at all for OMM)? Can a doctor charge extra for OMM treatment under those programs?

And how about Medi-cal (the California insurance program, since I'm interested in doing FM in California)?

Just wondering, thanks.

Hey

I will be making a post on the reimbursements for each state by the end of this week, nice question though